Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

I'm going to jail over leaving negative feedback

Buy this item from seller mikescards15
[url=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150444237606&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT]2010 Bowman Chrome Dustin Richardson BlueREF Auto /150 - eBay (item 150444237606 end time May-18-10 17:13:37 PDT)[/url]

Cool Blue Ref auto /150. Must be a retail parallel as I have not seen /150 auto and just bought a /250 auto.

Takes seller 6 days after paymenr to ship item and it comes and it is a blue ref /250/ Ugh:rolleyes:

I send seller a message through Ebay-
Hello:
I received this card today and it is not numbered /150. It is numbered /250. Please advise what you will do about this
- jlzinck
--------------------------
I receive a reply-
Dear jlzinck,

Is this serious? Send the card back in a plain white envalope I will refund you this plus .50 for envalope and shipping. Most blue refractors are #/150. The RC autos must be #/250 but im not going to give a freebie or refund for that, sorry but look at all the others you actually paid less then for yours then others have gone for. Anyhow send back, I will refund you the money you paid plus .50. Thats a fair deal for both of us.

Mike

- mikescards15
--------------------------------------------
OK so he wants me to send back in a PWE so I have no tracking and I figure if I open a case I have to send it back ($1.75 ish with D/C) and would only receive $3.24 back so I woild have lost $5 total on the deal ($8 to buy and return the card and $3.25 refunded)

So I bite the bullet and leave neg feedback

6 days to ship and was /250 not /150. Wants me to send back in PWE.RIGHT! Avoid
His reply in feedback- OFFERED A FULL REFUND, TRYING TO BLACKMAIL FOR FREE GIFT. Police,ebay contacted!

OK So it is done. Or so I think.

He left me 3 more messages on Ebay-

#1.
Dear jlzinck,

Maybe you are not familiar with ebay policy, you cannot leave malacious feedback (Guess the truth is "malacious"). I am offering to work with you to reach a compramise. I have offered you a full refund of the purchase price and said PWE to avoid up front out of pocket cost for me and you. If you would like I will pay you $3 to ship it back and refund you the purchase price. What you were trying to do was blackmail me for a free item, which is against the law and ebay policy. I will be forwarding our dialouge to ebay as I am part of the power seller program and they can suspend you and remove the feedback, as you are always suppose to try and reach a resolotion which I am trying to do with you!

Since you were so quick to leave feedback without contacting me back, I assume you check ebay often, I will be reporting this to ebay at 4pm. I will also file a police report for black mail this week, which yes will get the feedback removed and you in more trouble. I have already done this once on ebay, and the member was permanently banned (rookiecardsandautos)

- mikescards15

Dear jlzinck,

Well Jonathan,

I contacted the Pennsylvania state police. (I'm ascared.) The matter will be handled through them and ebay. I dont tolerate BS, or blackmail. Apperently you think you are above the law. Talking with the detective who will now work the case, the only reasonable thing to do was to offer you a full refund which I did, and you refused therefor proving you were using the power of leaving bad feedback to try and make yourself recieve and item in which you didnt pay for. I also explained to the cop who is apperently and conviently and avid sportscard collector, (wow what a good stroke of luck for him) that you knew what you were buying when you bought the richardson blue refractor. Bowman blue refractors have been out for what now 8-9 years. Everyone involved in sportscards knows there normally serial numbered to 150, even this year they are except for appearntly the MLB RC autos. Anyhow you knew what you were buying and that makes it even more obvious you were trying to get something for free. Be familiar with Mass's laws on (Must have been too long to finish)

- mikescards15

Dear jlzinck,
(must be a continuation of last e-mail)
blackmail, and fraud because as I was told by the detective, if this doesnt pan out in an appropriate manner even a citizen with a clean record would see jail. (OMG I'm going to the big house)
Its ebay, use common sense. Is this how you would act at your local card shop, no! you were offered a refund, remove the feedback send me the card back and Ill send you your $6 and change back. Again, look at the profile of rookiecardsandautos, who ended up getting in some serious trouble with the law and kicked off ebay for some shanangins on here. Dont be stupid, im really trying to work with you.

Mike

- mikescards15
---------------------

I sent a message to nitwit this AM

Dear mikescards15,

You did not send what you were supposed to send. I asked you what you would do about the situation and it was nothing except for me to send back in a PWE so I have no tracking proof. It took you 6 days to ship which is horrible. I did not ask for anything I asked what you were going to do in the sitaution. You got a deserved negative. Learn from this and make sure you list and send what you say you are sending.

- jlzinck
Yes he did not ship until 6 days after receiving funds
----------------------------------
Now his response

Dear jlzinck,

Your already going to be in hot water with the law so I will leave it at that. You were offered a full refund, and the refund of the shipping price for item item shipped with confirmation. And 6 days to recieve. (No tool it was 6 days before you shipped) I dont know what your talking about with that being horrible. Ebay says standard 5 star recieving time is ten total days. So enjoy the blackmail investigation, I was doing research last night and it looks like minimum 2 year sentence for first time offenders.

- mikescards15

--------------------------------
And my final communication to him-
Dear mikescards15,

Please forward a copy of the police report, case number, name of officer and his phone number. I would like to speak with him seeing as I am looking at 2 years in the clink.
(I was going to say maybe the cop would trade with me but I want him to think I am scared)

- jlzinck

Comments

• Options
    All that over couple bucks sounds pitiful from both ends.
  • Options
    leathtechleathtech Posts: 3,191
    what a tool seller... just stop responding to him and move on... and I'll send you a quarter in case you need to make a phone call from jail - please pm me your address image
  • Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All this over a $3.25 card??? Seems a bit unreasonable on both sides.
    James
  • Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    Somewhere in PA, The authorities are having a good laugh.

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I see some missed medication time.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭
    You are so lucky, my neighbor is a dectective and I live in MA too. Maybe you can get work release and come clean up our yards while he surpervises. We wouldn't want a criminal like you to go free and wreak havoc again. image
  • Options
    i wonder how many years he could get for advertising fraud, false advertising and postal fraud for selling one thing ,a /150 and sending something different a /250, what a tool, keep us posted on what happens, sounds like he blows alot of hot air,,, bj
    imageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    You probably should have talked a bit more before leaving the neg.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps 15 is his age.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    say "hi" to Bernie Madoff from all of us here at CU.

• Options
    corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭
    he's probably a BINiot also.
  • Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    Deleted
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    Just keep your nose clean so you can get early release image lol
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    The Gulf is being poisoned as we speak . The ORCS are setting up camp. The overthrow of the country is almost complete .

$3.25 plus shipping -------- image
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭

I could really have fun with that idiot seller. image
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭
    Clearly the seller is an English / grammar teacher full-time just looking to make a few bucks on the side.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL, this is too funny! Send him another message that states that you just spoke with the police and they said that the seller is nuts and not to worry about a thing, LOL..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    sportscardtheorysportscardtheory Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭
    eBay is great for a laugh once in awhile. Sometimes I actually enjoy dealing with unruly sellers. They have no recourse and no eBay protection if you do everything by the book. That's why it's funny to watch one melt-down and act like they are in a position of power.
  • Options
    JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭
    You gave a guy a neg over a $3.25 card? wow.
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Furthermore, I would ask him, "How did you get to be a Powerseller with only 120 feedbacks and selling nothing more than $20?" LOL..

Edit: i wonder if the other guy "Engelus" who left him a neg right before you is going to jail, too!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭

seller's toolhaus

I would send the seller's insane emails to EBAY.

I would file a SNAD-claim, and return the card with DC.

I would complain to EBAY about the seller's posted reply
    to the NEG-FB left. The comment will likely be removed,
    due to the mention of "police."

In a current listing:

"...Bid/Offer with Confidence!!!!!! Unfortunately I recently recieved 2 negative feedback from two members who were essentially mad that I would not give them a free card for shipping time when I was in the hostpital, this took my rating down to what it currently is, I am working to get those feedback removed and actually am in the process of have the police take care of a member for blackmail (he wanted a $200 item for an error on his $5 item, and left a neg because i refused.) Anyhow look at the real feedbacks, Fast shipping, quality product (my rating was 4.9 all around before those bs negs.)..."

That kind of tag in the body copy of a listing is grounds
    for removal of the lsiting, upon report of same.

Might be a ute, but a bad seller in any case.

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    fkwfkw Posts: 1,766 ✭✭
    ha ha thanks for the laugh image

PS. I would have left a neg ONLY if I never got a package or a refund offer.
    Ive left 2 negs in 11 years on eBay.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    sure seems like a lot of angst about something that costs less than a happy meal. The seller is without a doubt a jerk but if you're that stressed out over $3 this probably isn't the hobby for you.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    dude is def cycling right now..

give him a few weeks and he will b eating out of your hands.

a mind is a terrible thing to waste.

j
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    The guy assuming you wanted something extra reminded me of this:

About 10 years ago in Phoenix, I pulled into the lot of a grocery store and sat in my car for another minute to listen to the end of a song or something. In the isle across from me I see a car taking a really short turn into another spot between 2 cars. I could see it wasn't going to make into the spot and figured the guy would back up and try again. Nope, he kept going and hit one car in the rear quarter at enough of an angle that his car stopped. OK, now he's gonna back up. Nope, he stepped on it, lifted the car off the ground and a nice long scrape all the way down the quarter, doors and fender. Could not believe what I just saw. Then the couple, a pair in their 70's or so got out of the car, didn't even look at the damage they had done and began to walk into the store. I got out of my car and walked over to them before they got very far and asked if they saw what they just did. The guy had no idea. I pointed it out to him and he denied it. And while arguing with him, they guys wife started saying "He wants something Harold. He wants money Harold. He wants something out of this." She must have said it 10 times. Eventually I just walked away and reported it inside the store with both license plate #s. No idea what ended up happening
  • Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do let us know how the Merlot your cell mate makes in the toilet suits you!!
    Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • Options
    $2.99 for priority shipping, am i missing something here or did he pick up the tab for the other buck eighty?,,, bj
    imageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    ZixxZixx Posts: 228 ✭✭
    The seller admitted his fault, offered a refund and you neg'd him over a $5 card?

Pretty lame IMO

You should have sent it back - PWE or however - and gotten a refund or just kept it and moved on.

Sure, his reactions and subsequent email were funny to the point of being insane, but that was prompted by an overreaction and an unjust neg from the OP. Honest accidents do happen.
  • Options
    JohnnyDJohnnyD Posts: 520 ✭✭

<< <i>The seller admitted his fault, offered a refund and you neg'd him over a $5 card?

Pretty lame IMO

You should have sent it back - PWE or however - and gotten a refund or just kept it and moved on.

Sure, his reactions and subsequent email were funny to the point of being insane, but that was prompted by an overreaction and an unjust neg from the OP. Honest accidents do happen. >>

Agree...maybe a bit quick with the Negative.
  • Options

<< <i>The seller admitted his fault, offered a refund and you neg'd him over a $5 card?

Pretty lame IMO

Sure, his reactions and subsequent email were funny to the point of being insane, but that was prompted by an overreaction and an unjust neg from the OP. Honest accidents do happen. >>

as a buyer he could not do this... he would have had to sent it back with delivery confirmation or the nutty seller could have just said he never got it back. The OP was in a bad place since shipping back the correct way to protect himself would have cost more than the card was worth. I would not have neg'ed the seller probably would have left neutral.

The seller should have just realized his error in the listing and refunded the buyers $3 telling the buyer just to keep the card(if I was a seller I would have done that).
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

remember when the world blew up and we didn't tell all the stupid people???
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    I just offered him $1.01 (plus $3.99) s/h through my buying account (so he can't retaliate) on his autographed Metallica album that he's asking $299.99 for. Will be interesting to see if I get a response. This could be a fun dialog if he opens the door...
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭
    so a guy sells you a card that you aren't happy with, he offers a refund, and you neg him? and it's a $3 card? Nice.

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭
    Why do you need tracking proof sending back a $3 card?? are you kidding me? Wasting half the price of the card in tracking that 90% chance won't be needed is asinine.
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    This is why wars are fought. Two people arguing over something that could be solved if either were willing to give an inch. Instead of compromise or reason, it's straight to the mattresses for both parties. OYE! I want the last 10 minutes of my life back.
  • Options

<< <i>I just offered him $1.01 (plus $3.99) s/h through my buying account (so he can't retaliate) on his autographed Metallica album that he's asking $299.99 for. Will be interesting to see if I get a response. This could be a fun dialog if he opens the door... >>

LOL, we must think alike, but I was going to offer 6.01 + 3.99 only if he could upgrade the shipping to Overnight express mail, but I will wait just in case he takes your offer. image
  • Options
    Sometimes principle is important. Does it really matter how much the card is worth? Sure, there should've been some more dialog, but the loose seller demonstrated where this eventually would've gone. Yeah, it was an inexpensive transaction, but the value has little to do with it. Besides, Jon's from New England. Does anyone expect anything different?
  • Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a bad day at work. Thanks for the good laugh. Very entertaining thread.
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I just offered him $1.01 (plus $3.99) s/h through my buying account (so he can't retaliate) on his autographed Metallica album that he's asking $299.99 for. Will be interesting to see if I get a response. This could be a fun dialog if he opens the door... >>

Are you aware that making such a low offer will probably land you in the ol' gray-bar hotel? I hope you like bread and water.

• Options

<< <i>I had a bad day at work. Thanks for the good laugh. Very entertaining thread. >>

that sucks you had to work on Memorial day image
  • Options

<< <i>Are you aware that making such a low offer will probably land you in the ol' gray-bar hotel? I hope you like bread and water. >>

Yeah, I figured that there has to be some law against wasting his time . . .

BTW, he declined my offer without comment . . . image I might have to try again!!! image
  • Options
  • Options
    jlzinckjlzinck Posts: 907 ✭✭

<< <i>Sometimes principle is important. Does it really matter how much the card is worth? Sure, there should've been some more dialog, but the loose seller demonstrated where this eventually would've gone. Yeah, it was an inexpensive transaction, but the value has little to do with it. Besides, Jon's from New England. Does anyone expect anything different? >>

^^^^^ Smart man.

It would have cost me $1.75 to send the card back to receive $3.24 refund.

When he used the PWE offer I was done there and then.

Seller did state Priority in the listing but sent it in a bubble mailer.

Have not had a response since I asked for the police specifics.
  • Options
    jlzinckjlzinck Posts: 907 ✭✭
    Did his auctions get pulled?

I didn't see any of the fantasy statements in what I looked at.
  • Options
    Here's a response from his Signed Metallica album.

I had someone contact me earlier about this being on a message board. Could you please link me to the board this was on?

There is 3rd party authenticity with all the autographed records. As stated I am no music buff but I purchased these from an estate auction this weekend, there was much music and sports memorabilia there and some notable people. I also had the items examined by 4 music stores all with good reputations. All said the same thing, the items looked authentic with most the autographs dating the mid seventies- early 80's when the pen touched the vinyl. I say this because someone contacted me earlier on an item saying it was posted on a message board and then I get 2 complete joke offers (you and another "card" person). Im on SCF with over 200 perfect feedback and on here and had perfect feedback till this past weekend when 2 people who bought $5 items though that they would get free items just because thus resulting in 2 negatives here which im curtrently in the process of being removed. I would appreciate the link to the forum post so I could state the truth myself instead of having people who think they know alot comment on it.

Thanks

- mikescards15
  • Options
  • Options
    corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭
    damnit, I just used up my 3 offers.
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Why do you need tracking proof sending back a $3 card?? are you kidding me? Wasting half the price of the card in tracking that 90% chance won't be needed is asinine. >>

The seller misrepresented the item. It doesn't matter if its intentional or not...The SELLER screwed up. I wouldn't send the card back to him in a PWE, I'd send it with delivery notification and ask him to cover those shipping costs too. Why should the buyer send the card back in a PWE and just hope that the seller is honest enough to admit he received it, thus putting the buyer at risk. Anyone who suggests that as the best course of action is missing the point that the SELLER is the one who screwed up here, not the buyer. I think the buyer provided a NEG too early, but I don't think he was wrong in refusing to mail with a PWE.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options

<< <i>damnit, I just used up my 3 offers. >>

Did you call him a BINiot?