Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The Millard Fillmore Dollar has arrived!

WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
The Millard Fillmore Dollar has arrived!

United States Millard Fillmore Dollar 2010-D

I bought four of these, mints P and D, both rim legends for each mint.

https://www.brianrxm.com
The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
Coins in Movies
Coins on Television

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well isn't that special..... image Sorry, just not a fan of these... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So much for the Gillette endorsements and commercials...

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    Sorry, but these just don't look like real American coins without "Liberty" on there somewhere. I'm not trying to make a political statement or anything, I'm just used to seeing certain things on a coin and without it, it just doesn't look right.

They just look like a Chuckee Cheese token or Franklin Mint product or something.

Personally, I don't like all the different designs, several new ones each year. It makes them seem less important and trivializes our money.
    Just my opinion.
  • Options
    LotsoLuckLotsoLuck Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭
    "They just look like a Chuckee Cheese token or Franklin Mint product or something"

I'll second that.

• Options
    DUIGUYDUIGUY Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭
    Enjoy what you collect!
    Collect what one likes!

“A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly."

- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 BC
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭

<< <i>both rim legends for each mint >>

I was going to ask what the other rim legend was, and decided you probably mean "position A & B". I think we should further refine this by where the legend begins. We could divide it like the clock, so we could have A 1 through 12, and B 1 through 12, for 24 varieties each mint, 48 varieties per President, 184 varieties per year! :-)
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>both rim legends for each mint >>

I was going to ask what the other rim legend was, and decided you probably mean "position A & B". I think we should further refine this by where the legend begins. We could divide it like the clock, so we could have A 1 through 12, and B 1 through 12, for 24 varieties each mint, 48 varieties per President, 184 varieties per year! :-) >>

please don't encourage them!

please!

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Sorry, but these just don't look like real American coins without "Liberty" on there somewhere. I'm not trying to make a political statement or anything, I'm just used to seeing certain things on a coin and without it, it just doesn't look right.

They just look like a Chuckee Cheese token or Franklin Mint product or something.

Personally, I don't like all the different designs, several new ones each year. It makes them seem less important and trivializes our money.
    Just my opinion. >>

Interesting since I've never seen a "Chucky Cheese" token with "United States of America" on it.

BTW, Shield nickels didn't have LIBERTY on them either.

Now I don't discount the fact the the Presidential Dollars are totally different than what folks are used to seeing and the sad reality is that American Commerce simply has no need for a dollar coin. It never has and never will as long as the paper buck continues to be produced but, given 4 or 5 years after everbody gets weened off of that waste of paper money and folks will most certainly start appreciating the coins.

I'm kinda wondering what the OP's intentions were in posting such a beat up coin?
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zzzzzzzzz.....
    You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, I do not usually collect US coins, but my father was a fan of Pres. Fillmore,
    and campaigned to get January 7 declared "Millard Fillmore Day".

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I like the little bucks. They are not static in design as is the dime and half.
    The cent has had some changes as well as the nickel and that's interesting and makes
    for a little variety. Just my opinion. When the paper ones go away these will be sought
    after in higher grades. Bazillions made but the grade is what will matter. Just my
    personal take and I'm usually wrong!

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    SonorandesertratSonorandesertrat Posts: 5,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Well isn't that special..... image Sorry, just not a fan of these... Cheers, RickO >>

I'm also working hard to contain my enthusiasm.
    Member: EAC, NBS, C4, CWTS, ANA

RMR: 'Wer, wenn ich schriee, hörte mich denn aus der Engel Ordnungen?'

CJ: 'No one!' [Ain't no angels in the coin biz]
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe if it was toned it would look better.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,842 ✭✭✭✭✭
    is that DOA ?
  • Options
    awesome more coins that no one uses!
  • Options
    SilverstateSilverstate Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭

<< <i>awesome more coins that no one uses! >>

They are a lot of fun to give out in change.
    Great for tips too.

Most places whenever I pay using them, the ones working the registers are putting cash into the registers to buy Pres Dollars, to take home.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file