Home Precious Metals

Couple small newps for the weekend

WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
Snuck out of the house to run some errands and swung by the B&M.

He didn't have much, but he did have these:

Two 5-oz silvertownes. I don't think I've ever had 5s before. But I have to admit they are a nice size. AND they're in plastic (super snug fitting, what a great idea!) AND they have serial numbers. Consecutive, in this case.

Probably paid too much at $193 out the door. But sometimes you just have to say what the heck image
We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
--Severian the Lame

Comments

• CiccioCiccio Posts: 1,405
    How do they look on hand?
    I don't like their design, but I didn't like the PanAm either and had to change my mind when I got them on hand.

You didn't pay too much, IMO. But you know that!
  • WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>How do they look on hand?
    I don't like their design, but I didn't like the PanAm either and had to change my mind when I got them on hand.

You didn't pay too much, IMO. But you know that! >>

I've got lots of ST bars. At least 55 1-oz. I've never really been a fan of their design. But its familiarity grows on you. ST's been around for decades, I remember seeing their ads in the magazines way back in the day.

The bars are small but substantial. Somewhat watery/wavy proof fields and frosted devices. They read as a quality, reliable products.
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231
    Im a big fan of the silver fivers.....but if you read any of my threads, you already knew that.image