Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

4SC Blocked Bidder List

Think this guy has earned that honor? BTW, nice DSR ratings for this guy too. Feedback for 4SC
From what I can tell, 707 is the DOLLAR STORE compared to deans_cards. For what that guy charges, if I ever bought anything from him I would expect it to be delivered to me in a frickin' limo.
~WalterSobchak

Comments

• Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    I'm guessing that this guy didn't ask for an invoice with revised shipping for his 61 items. I wonder if he paid for each item individually?
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Blocked Blocked Blocked!! That is crazy...
  • Options
    bbuckner22bbuckner22 Posts: 1,028
    4SC is a little slow to combine invoices, but I'm pretty sure this guy was too impatient to wait for one.
    From what I can tell, 707 is the DOLLAR STORE compared to deans_cards. For what that guy charges, if I ever bought anything from him I would expect it to be delivered to me in a frickin' limo.
    ~WalterSobchak
  • Options

<< <i>but I'm pretty sure this guy was too impatient to wait for one. >>

Intentionally overpaying, then expecting a refund sounds kinda scammish to me.

• Options
    I've never had any problems getting them to combine shipping for me personally.
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

From the feedback..this guy sent 12 e-mails with (per him) no response over a 45 day period. At what point are you allowed to be IMPATIENT!!? Stopped buying from those losers and DSL a long time ago//
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see it only took 4SC to 99.9% - no biggie to them.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Notice that the feedback giver has a bunch of skeletons in his feedback. Sounds like a total tool whether he's a buyer or a seller!!! Could it be gecko?
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I see it only took 4SC to 99.9% - no biggie to them. >>

Yep, 61 negs is simply a fart in a tornado to 4SC.
  • Options

<< <i>From the feedback..this guy sent 12 e-mails with (per him) no response over a 45 day period. At what point are you allowed to be IMPATIENT!!? Stopped buying from those losers and DSL a long time ago// >>

I don't think this guy was impatient for leaving negs. That part's fine.

His impatience is what got the guy in this mes in the first place... he apparently didn't wait for a combined invoice and went ahead and overpaid $180 on shipping, then asked 4sc to refund him the difference.

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    I always assumed they wait until you REQUEST a total, because how do they know you're finished bidding on their items? I've waited days between auctions won, and once I finally request an invoice, they respond very quickly.

This buyer is obviously a douchebag, and the douchebag-factor usually takes up much more than 0.1% of the human population, so I'd say 4SC is doing quite well.
  • Options
    MphilkingMphilking Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭
    He took the time to write different negative responses on each transaction. I didn't read them all, but by glancing they look all different.
    WOW!
  • Options

jeffcbay,

I agree. I just won 14 different auctions from 4sc over a 7 day span. Requested invoice right after the last item that I won. Had invoice with combined shipping sent from them the next day. Although I have had to wait up to 3-4 days for an invoice before, but if 4sc wasn't worried about getting payment I wasn't worried about getting an invoice.
  • Options

Also maybe the buyer got a little nervous. When auctions end and they have another copy of the same card they list it right away. Maybe he was scared that they were trying to sell the cards he won?
  • Options
    SOMSOM Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭
    Notice how he sprinkles in a "God bless!" when he leaves positive FB
  • Options
    pdub1819pdub1819 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone think they take a while to ship their items? Is that expected because of the size of their store?
  • Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    I've waited a few days at least a dozen times when I was bidding on multiple items. They have NEVER screwed me over on shipping. Last month I had two $3 shipping auctions and I paid for them and the next day received a $2 paypal refund from them for the shipping.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    thanks for posting, this imageguy just joined my BBL .
  • Options
    Yankees001Yankees001 Posts: 1,496
    4SC is great to deal with.

That guy is just an idiot. Enough said.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This buyer is certainly crazy to pay $180 for S&H, but if he did, why wouldn't 4SC issue a refund for the overage?

And speaking of shipping, I think $7 to ship 3 PSA graded cards is excessive.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    ArchStantonArchStanton Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭
    I just bought 25 graded cards from them a few weeks ago. It took about two days for them to give me an invoice for everything. Total for shipping was $10. They shipped very quickly. I buy lots like that from them every few months. I am a total bottom feeder for them. I wait until they have stuff listed for about the fourth time at $1.99 and $2.99 BINs, but they always treat me well.
    Collector of 1976 Topps baseball for some stupid reason.
    Collector of Pittsburgh Pirates cards for a slightly less stupid reason.
    My Pirates Collection
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

I don't know if all_about_the_cards is on 4SC's block list...but he is on mine!

He totally screwed their DSR rating.
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,091 ✭✭✭✭✭
    4SC has been great to deal with!

I've had two "experiences" with them; both handled exceptionally!

One was several years ago when a package got lost in the mail. They were quick to issue a refund to me. The other, just within the past 2 months, was when a "tall-boy" PSA 10 slab was broken by USPS and the card damaged. I emailed them...they responded the next morning, asking me to return the card. I returned it, and they immediately (same day) issued me a full refund image

I've had too many other transactions to count with them, and all have been perfect! image

Steve
  • Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭
    Four things I like about 4SC...

1. ______
    2. ______
    3. ______
    4. ______

Not in any specific order.

• Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Four things I like about 4SC...

1. ______
    2. ______
    3. ______
    4. ______

Not in any specific order. >>

• Options
    cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭
    I've never had any problems buying from 4-sharp. They ship quickly and package extremely well in most instances. Other sellers could learn something from following their packaging process. Plus, when it mattered, they never held a buyer to any feedback hostage like many other paranoid sellers did. Their policy: you pay, they ship and leave positive FB.

The buyer is a total nutjob who is now blocked on all of my id's.
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm with the consensus: I've always had good dealings with them. Their shipping charges are a bit odd, but it's pretty clear that they're geared toward giving you a bigger break the more you buy/win. They offered free shipping for BINs in their store for a long time last year.

As for this thing specifically, the bottom line for me is what Rich said: if you have a problem, don't pay and then try to get your money back. Handle it upfront.

Anybody notice that he left a positive for them the day before that outburst? That' was probably a mistake on his part, but I guess it's possible that he really loved that Sanguillen card.
  • Options
    bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    4SC - I also have had nothing but positive dealings with them.

Ebay feedback system - totally screwed up - seller can't leave any feedback for this bidder - I would be interested to see it.
    Capecards
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    I've had nothing but great experiences from 4SC. Ebay needs to do something about it when a buyer leaves feedback like that.

b
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    So what you're all basically saying is that since you've had positive experiences with 4SC, they have the right to keep this guy's $180 for 45+ days and not expect neg feedback?
    If I made a mistake and overpaid, especially by something like $180, and I received no refund, and my attempts at communication went unanswered for 45 days, I'd leave neg feedback too, only I'd have done it a lot sooner.

• Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    "If I made a mistake and overpaid, especially by something like $180"

I checked a few of the lots the buyer won and they were mostly $3.00 '70's commons
    I would assume the $180 shipping is way more then what he bought. So why pay that
    much shipping and then ask for a refund, why not just wait for the revised shipping invoice first?

Who here would pay an exorbitant shipping fee and then ask questions?
    Not me, I'll wait & wait till I get a hold of them before I pay for anything.
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    +1 Nightcrawler's commentary, however i have unfortunately been in collusion w/ them many times
    buying cheap (possibly tampered) cardboard from time to time...

Any Chicago board members heading to Belmont Street Music Festival today?

holler at me if you are.

J
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭

The FB-leaver is a nut, but that does not mean he should
    be ripped on shipping charges.

I used to buy from 4SC, but had a problem with their "private
    insurance," AND stopped spending money with them years ago.

They provide a good service for newbies and set-collectors.
    ALL things considered, they are likely a NET-positive contributor
    to the card hobby.

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    I'm in the "buyer is clearly an impatient dumbass" corner. I've purchased from 4SC many times, sometimes waiting 4-5 days for another card to end that I want. I ask them for combined shipping, and it's done. The buyer had that same option and either missed it or ignored it.
  • Options
    So what you're all basically saying is that since you've had positive experiences with 4SC, they have the right to keep this guy's $180 for 45+ days and not expect neg feedback?
    If I made a mistake and overpaid, especially by something like $180, and I received no refund, and my attempts at communication went unanswered for 45 days, I'd leave neg feedback too, only I'd have done it a lot sooner

I'm with hammered on this one...the buyer may be a kook and I certainly wouldn't have paid $180 in shipping charges either, but shouldn't 4SC be held accountable for not refunding the buyer?? If I sell an item on the B/S/T forum for $100 and the buyer send me $300 by mistake, does that give me the right to hold the extra money for a month or more?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

Grote and Hammered,

Even though I have received great service from 4SC, I agree that if he paid that much for shipping, somebody at 4SC should have noticed the error and corrected it right away.
  • Options
    I think the buyer's an idiot, but if 4sc is truly refusing the refund the guy, then 4sc is being an idiot too.

However, having had nothing but positive business transactions with 4sc, I'm not quick to immediatly trust a buyer who's telling a crazy story.

• Options
    Just a thought or my 2 cents worth.

This guy won 61 items , and if he paid for each one separately (why?), 183 .00 in shipping, now 4SC has to go back and refund 61 separate transactions pita, then send a revised invoice, otherwise paypal charges 30 cents + 2.9% for each transaction. now that doesn't sound to hard as long as the guy paid for all 61 auctions the same day (unknown factor). So even if the guy paid for all 61 items the same day he overpaid 173.00 in shipping, now who in their right mind buys 61 items from the same seller and then pays for all 61 items separately . if this happened I blame the buyer more than the seller.

But let's say something screwed up with ebays automated invoicing and 4SC didn't catch it and all 61 items were on the same invoice , with no shipping discount then I blame 4SC more (not much more) than the buyer (for being stupid enough to pay 183 in S/H). both of these scenarios are unknown, because we are all speculating what happened.

I know once or twice when dealing with 4SC I would get a computer generated invoice with no shipping discount well guess what? I wouldn't pay after about 12 to 14 days I would get a email saying why haven't you paid and with that email I would also get a revised invoice with the correct shipping amount. then I would pay but not until I received a correct invoice.

so I blame the buyer more for being impatient and not waiting for a correct invoice even if it means waiting for 4SC to open a NPB claim.

I also blame 4SC and the buyer for not communicating better to avoid this disaster of 61 negs and this thread.

In the end though, we are all just speculating, until both parties come on here and tell their side of the story. (which will not happen).

I know I don't want to deal with someone buying or selling with a 98.1 % rating and less then 8 months on ebay that leaves 61 negs. JMHO
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    At one time a buyer could revise the shipping on a PP invoice.

Is this still possible?

The time it took the buyer to pay for the auctions separately (if he did) and leave 61 negs he could have used it and simply made a phone call.

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>At one time a buyer could revise the shipping on a PP invoice.

Is this still possible?

The time it took the buyer to pay for the auctions separately (if he did) and leave 61 negs he could have used it and simply made a phone call.

Steve >>

Last time I tried it would not let me.
  • Options
    Buyers do not have the option to revise shipping charges anymore. Ebay will combine multiple auction items won under one seller but ebay does NOT revise the shipping charges unless the seller has predetermined through the listing what the additional item cost will be. The seller must revise the shipping charge and send out the invoice in this case.

• Options
  • Options
    Take a look at this buyers feedback as a seller. Three bad transactions (according to the buyers) out of his last five sales.

Not the most trusted individual. He has no credibility in his claim with 4-sharp in my opinion.

Like winpitcher said, if he has the time to leave 61 negs and maybe pay for 61 auction wins separately, why not give 4 sharp a phone call to straightend out a shipping refund? Especially if he claims to not be getting any email response from them.

Like others have posted, I certainly wouldn't pay for that many auction wins without combined shipping. The buyers an idiot.

Sorry, bad at linking stuff......

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=all_about_the_cards&ftab=AllFeedback
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    Never encountered a probnlem with 4SC.I always request total payment for combined shipping before sending payment.They always reply within the day with adjusted invoice.Other sellers also do not biuld in their combined shipping price in thier option in the auction even though it may be listed on the auction desciption itself therefore I will request totals before making payment.

That buyer will never buy anything from me ZAP!!!!!!!.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,749 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good grief - that's gotta be a neg record.
  • Options
    fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    I am actually on their blocked bidder list. This story is bizzar. I order from them, they send me a card I did not purchase plus the card I did buy (Seperate packages). I look online to see who purchased the card I did not pay for. Low and behold it was a buddy of mine. I forward the card to him at my own expense and notify 4SC of what happened.

The response I recieved was less than friendly but I let it pass. (I could have been a jerk and kept the card). The next time I bid on a card it said I was blocked. I request a reason why and never got a response.

I ended up making a seperate buyers account after that and I still purchase from them.
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    That is odd.....you are blocked for THEIR mistake!?!?!?! They sound like jerks to me!
  • Options

<< <i>I am actually on their blocked bidder list. This story is bizzar. I order from them, they send me a card I did not purchase plus the card I did buy (Seperate packages). I look online to see who purchased the card I did not pay for. Low and behold it was a buddy of mine. I forward the card to him at my own expense and notify 4SC of what happened.

The response I recieved was less than friendly but I let it pass. (I could have been a jerk and kept the card). The next time I bid on a card it said I was blocked. I request a reason why and never got a response.

I ended up making a seperate buyers account after that and I still purchase from them. >>

Wow, that is very strange.

A similar thing happened to me with 4-sharp. Out of the blue they mailed me a bunch of PSA 8 '76 Topps Basketball cards. I didn't win them. I emailed 4-sharp and told them about their error and offered to re-ship to the correct winning bidder. I did that and included a note inside the package explaining to the buyer what happened.

4-sharp then gave me credit for my shipping expense towards my next purchase from them. It all worked out in the end.

If I had landed on their blocked list for helping them out, I would've been pissed.