Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Will this be graded or slabbed authentic?

I'm sending it in either way but I was just wondering. Also, should I write on the sub that I don't mind it being slabbed authentic does it not matter. Sorry for the stupid question.
Jason

My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss

Comments

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    I believe AUTHENTIC because the black dotted line is missing in spots. HOWEVER there are people in this forum that know more about this than I do.

Edited to add: I STILL like that card!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I believe AUTHENTIC because the black dotted line is missing in spots. HOWEVER there are people in this forum that know more about this than I do.

Edited to add: I STILL like that card! >>

I figured but the card is still BEAUTIFUL. I want to give a piece of my mind to whoever cut the darn thing though. image
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    like said above, authentic
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    Very nice authentic card!

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    The card will get a numeric grade (probably a PSA 5 as there appears to be a corner crease in the lower right corner). Given that the border shows almost completely on 3 sides and partially on a 4th, it will avoid the dreaded "AUTHENTIC" designation...
  • Options
    The card is trimmed please send it to me and I will dispose of it.

seriously I give it a PSA 5.5 or a 6. good luck on the sub.
  • Options
    goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

Looks like 4 or 4.5,depending on the bottom right.
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • Options
    Yankees001Yankees001 Posts: 1,496
    Authentic Line along the top is missing.

I have many slabed 1920-30's strip cards graded, the entire border must be present
  • Options
    JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭
    I certainly don't want to get my hopes up but I was looking at some pics on VCP and I found this:

It looks as though there are portions from all 4 corners missing. This sold for $482.99 in 2007.

BTW there is no crease on the bottom right corner it only looks that way on the scan.
    My eBay Store =)

• Options

<< <i>BTW there is no crease on the bottom right corner it only looks that way on the scan. >>

If that's not a crease in the lower right, then it appears to be a PSA 7, regardless of what others are saying about the borders (I've dealt with more than my share of panel and strip cards). Congrats!!!
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    I guess someone has to explain the entire visible border thing to me...

it is in the PSA guidelines...

and if it is "cut" inside the visible border wouldn't it be min. size?

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options

<< <i>I guess someone has to explain the entire visible border thing to me...

and if it is "cut" inside the visible border wouldn't it be min. size? >>

You've handled enough Photostamps to know what I'm talking about...and I'm certain that you've seen (and created) examples much like the one above (think Dell Stamps). Granted, the "borders" are on the back, but it's still the same application.
  • Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    Not really sure, but that card looks nice.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I guess someone has to explain the entire visible border thing to me...

and if it is "cut" inside the visible border wouldn't it be min. size? >>

You've handled enough Photostamps to know what I'm talking about...and I'm certain that you've seen (and created) examples much like the one above (think Dell Stamps). Granted, the "borders" are on the back, but it's still the same application. >>

actually, you are correct - I have submitted my share of photostamps...

I have never submitted a 1969 photostamp without it having full visible borders on the reverse...

the only time I got "stung" was on some 1970 I submitted the first time, because on the reverse there are no visible dashed lines...

but, I'll indulge a response and offer this newly graded example...pretty ugly

really, an 8.5

- uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options

- uncut

• Options
    There's absolutely no excuse for the miscut Reggie to be in a PSA 8.5. NONE! And I won't even make an effort to justify it as it is most definitely misgraded!!! Without the back being visible, I'm guessing that the stamp was cut to the reverse borders and the grader had no clue what they were doing. It is the only possible explanation. I've seen some similarly poor examples on some other issues with back borders and implied front centering.

The JC stamp is how they're supposed to look. Full border on the back and the front must exhibit equal borders (albeit, they can be a bit wider or narrower) to garner the GEM MINT grade.