Home Precious Metals
Options

Do you ever give yourself props?

WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
I always think I'm going to jinx it when I start being happy about a purchase.

Last Friday (well late Thursday night) I bought 10 oz Pd @ $386.

One week later and it's $470.

Up and away, or crash and burn?
We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
--Severian the Lame

Comments

• Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭✭
    Make that $476 now.
    > [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=61611&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_salic=1&_fss=1&_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=mygirlsthree3&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,565 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I always think I'm going to jinx it when I start being happy about a purchase.

Last Friday (well late Thursday night) I bought 10 oz Pd @ $386.

One week later and it's $470.

Up and away, or crash and burn? >>

How did you get that tick? Kitco is showing the 30-day low as $415.
    TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually should have said $396, Cap'n. I believe kitco shows closes, not intraday.
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    Sometimes I give myself props when I find a silver art bar that was on my "wish list" for a decent premium over spot silver.
    DISCLAIMER: I am NOT a '70's silver art bar expert but I try my best to play one on the Internet.
  • Options
    Only once... for buying the 2008 Four Coin Buffalo set from the mint. Can you give yourself props for being just lucky ?
  • Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    I bought a few oz. of gold when it fell to just over $700 in the fall of '08. Turned out to be a smart move!
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options
    CiccioCiccio Posts: 1,405
    I gave myself props when I bought 40 1/2oz JM silver bar for $12-15 each and sold almost all of them in the range of 30-55 bucks...
    My B&M didn't know they were rare...then he started listing them on eBay by himself! image
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    Ciccio, you did good on those JMs!! Keep searching for more image
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    About 20 years ago I bought a wooden prop off a WWII aircraft, a Stinson L-5. Does that count? image
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's a prop? Think of me as being somewhat dense.image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.