Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Editing Registry Sets

Hey Gang,

None of my newer slab's certification numbers will add to my Registry Set (Buffalo Circulation Strikes) I gave the list to PCGS customer service and was told they would advise their programmer. It's been almost 2 weeks and the coins still won't add. Anyone else having this problem?

Paul

Comments

• Options
    I'm having that problem with my 1873 closed 3 3CN proof. I sent them an e-mail this morning, so now I have to wait. image
    currently owned by 5 Labradors

Blaze - Yellow male b 3/17/93
    Onyx - Black male b 3/7/99
    Duchess - Yellow female mix b 3/12/02 rescued 9/18/02
    Rifle - Yellow male mix b 12/1/02 rescued 8/8/03
    Diamond - Black female b 5/3/05 adopted 8/3/05

First Cam-slam - 9/21/04

My eBay
  • Options
    dldallendldallen Posts: 359 ✭✭
    Send your trouble cert #s directly to Gayle. She is very responsive to these requests. Of course with all the additional sets being added and the others adjusted, even I wait a few days before hearing from her. However she (and her programmers) haven't let me down yet. Dave
  • Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    a2labmom,

I have it rigged that way, so you won't catch me! image

You can defeat me though, by calling Gayle directly, as dldallen suggests. Unhappily, she's very responsive.
  • Options
    A phone call to Gayle usually gets it done for me. I, too, have been having a lot of trouble lately entering new coins. Their system simply does not recognize the cert. #image
  • Options
    I have had a few listed and when you look at the collection under edit the show up. When you look at the collection under the normal way to see it, they are missing. image
    Looking for 2002 PCGS PR69 1oz Platinum Eagle
  • Options
    Hey Paul,
    You wouldn`t think pcgs could take so long to fix a simple problem, I still dont understand why a coin is not entered into the system as the # is certified on the coin then sent out, before this problem arises after the customer recevies it! It must be run by people that dont understand the tech industry.....Enter #s fix problem....????
  • Options
    humvee7e:
    This is probably just the normal delay between the time you enter changes and the when PCGS reviews them and posts them to the publically viewable registry. Usually it take a couple days, but I have seen it take a week or more (very occasionally).

This is a whole different problem from the problem of certificate numbers not being recognized (which Gayle usually handles very promptly).

Pete
  • Options
    I had a coin graded three weeks ago and when it showed up on the status update with the slab number I added it to my set. No problems, and it showed up the next day at my door and on the set registry.

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    dldallendldallen Posts: 359 ✭✭
    Bcsican, Paul et al,

The big problem with the cert #s is they are assigned and stored in the cert verification database. From there, they are supposed to be replicated to the registry set database (which we all see doesn't work very well) so we can add to the sets. Those that don't replicate require manual addition when we notify them of a problem adding a coin.

PCGS is in the process of combining the databases I believe so there won't be this disconnect. Between this, the upgrades, and the amount of work being done on the reg sets, it may take them a little longer to accomplish than previously hoped. Hang in there and just write Gayle with problems. She's always been nice and responsive to my problems. Dave
  • Options
    rkfishrkfish Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭
    Emailed Gayle over the weekend on a Peace Dollar that wasn't accepted and Gayle sent an email this morning telling me it would be forwarded to the programmers. I tried to enter it tonight and it was accepted without a problem.

Thanks Gayle for your prompt attention! Also a big thanks for who to contact in these matters!
    Steve

Check out my PQ selection of Morgan & Peace Dollars, and more at:
    WWW.PQDOLLARS.COM or WWW.GILBERTCOINS.COM
  • Options
    I had a similar experience---I emailed using the link on the page that rejects the certificate, and today I added the coin successfully.

Pete
  • Options
    dldallen, thanks for the link to Gayle. I had a newly slabbed Saint that wouldn't enter and an email to her had it fixed in just over 24 hours.

Thanks Gayle for reading your email and attention to our needs.
    Gold is Good