Home Metal Detecting

Diving for gold

Forgive my ignorance in advance, as this might be completely idiotic idea, but a buddy of mine (commercial diver) talk for yrs about diving some rivers he knows, searching for gold.
I'm very skeptic about the whole profitability of the idea, but I would do it just for the adventure if the times come.
Anyways, I noticed some of your posts and wondered, first, can you detect gold with a detector? If it can be done, can it be done underwater? Or if from the surface, how deep can it penetrate the water? Am I making any sense?
When I don't collect coins...
I build high end houses

Comments

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Metal detectors DO detect gold. There are underwater detectors (Check White's site). No, it is unlikely you could detect gold from the surface (unless the river were three inches deep image ) - just joking. I have no idea what rivers you are talking about, so advice is limited. One would need to consider depth, current, maritime traffic etc. There are many more points to consider when searching for gold in waterways. Cheers, RickO
  • Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    rapids are the best places to find gold and artifacts
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • standforstandfor Posts: 40 ✭✭
    Yes Musky, in my youth, we used to dive where tourists jump some 20 feet to the rapids pools, other then tons of sun glasses, and change, we used to get many gold chains, etc.
    When I don't collect coins...
    I build high end houses