Home Metal Detecting
Options

ID Help, OLD metal detecting find...

I also posted this on the World coin forum too but maybe someone can help me out, this was found outside Berlin Germany about 1974. Don't let the location fool you though as the first find was a wheat penny. I am sure I have seen this design before but can't seem to jog the memory enough to track it down. Any help???? Thanks, Rick
A penny for size comparison, it is really thin, about a quarter the thickness of a dime,
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Freedom is a well armed lamb contesting that vote. Benjamin Franklin - 1779

1836 Capped Liberty
dime. My oldest US
detecting find so far.
I dig almost every
signal I get for the most
part. Go figure...

Comments

• Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Post the pictures over on the World Coin forum. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have no clue. world book challenge image
  • Options
    Rickc300Rickc300 Posts: 876 ✭✭
    This response is from DCH over on the world coins forum here at CU.

<< <i>Double Parisis of France, early to mid 1300s. Legend on the right picture(rotate 90ccw) would ID the ruler, but I can't make out any of it. >>

This makes this the oldest coin I have found, now if I can just get it cleaned up a little more to ID the ruler and get an exact date I will be a really happy camper!
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Freedom is a well armed lamb contesting that vote. Benjamin Franklin - 1779

1836 Capped Liberty
    dime. My oldest US
    detecting find so far.
    I dig almost every
    signal I get for the most
    part. Go figure...