Home Sports Talk

LT (The HOF linebacker from NY)

Wowza.....he has had some problems, but this is very serious stuff!

Comments

• GootGoot Posts: 3,496
    A 15 year old??? Seriously? A drug addict and now a pedophile if true...
  • ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to clairify, this is Lawrence (Cokehead) Taylor, not Ladian Tomilson.
  • SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this is true, Lawrence Taylor is giving OJ Simpson a run for his money!

Steve

Oh, and thank you to Connecticoin for pointing out that this thread is about Lawrence Taylor.....NOT LaDainian Tomlinson image
  • gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231
    Sorry about the possible confusion. Growing up in the mid 80's, there was just one "LT", and he was one of my fav players and certainly my fav line backer. I edited the title so as not to be confusing.
  • GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    Man, he is always in trouble.
  • markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    I bet he thought he was beating an 18 year old girl.
  • I have a 15 year old daughter......and just the thought of it....makes me want to put a bullet thru his head
  • gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231

<< <i>I have a 15 year old daughter......and just the thought of it....makes me want to put a bullet thru his head >>

IF hes guilty.
  • markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I have a 15 year old daughter......and just the thought of it....makes me want to put a bullet thru his head >>

IF hes guilty. >>

You are correct. It looks bad, but he does get his day in Court.
  • AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    Wow, that sucks.

Just to play devil's advocate, since many not only condemn without the facts or seem to confuse the facts, here are some thoughts.

1. L.T., (probably after a night of drinking and most likely fairly inebriated), calls up and orders a prostitute. A girl is brought to his room, and he has sex and pays her the money. I doubt he asked for photo ID to see how old she was--and if he was drunk, he probably could not tell anyway. I have seen plenty of girls throughout the years, and there are many, many that you would swear were 20-21 who turn out to be teenagers. There have been plenty of threads on this very message board in years past (before the moderators started banning them), posting pictures of attractive tennis, golf, olympic, etc. females and there are plenty of lewd and suggestive comments made. Guess what--plenty of those females were teenagers--so let's not condemn L.T. as being a "pedeophile" unless it turns out that he specifically asked for an underage sexual partner and/or committed the act knowing her true age.
    That may turn out to be the case here--but I have seen no reports saying that as of yet.

2. The accusation of someone beating the girl (according to the story I read) is against the man named Davis, who brought the girl to the hotel, and apparently was acting as pimp (against her will). He is a thug and a monster for sure. It may be revealed in the future or elsewhere--but I have not yet seen any reports saying L.T. beat the girl.

So L.T. for sure has many problems, and is not a good guy role model--but to read others comments saying they want to commit murder by putting a bullet to his head, or comparing him to a probable multi-murderer (O.J. Simpson)--is, at this stage, a huge over reaction in my opinion.

The only reports I have seen, so far, say L.T. ordered a call girl, one arrived at his hotel, he had sex and paid for the service, and then it turned out the girl was underage and a victim/hostage of the pimp named Davis. If the girl had been 18 or 19 (instead of 16)--would people still be thinking he should be shot in the head or comparing him to O.J.?

If he did know she was only 16--and/or if he asked for someone that young--then I am for him being locked up for a long time. But I will wait for that fact to be reported before thinking about the proper punishment.
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    SAD !!!!image
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed - wait and see.

Not to cast aspersions on either LT or the girl - but even in a best-case scenario, ordering a $300 call girl when you are a famous celebrity with a checkered past , or running away at 15 and staying with a pimp - either way you are asking for trouble.

LT is of the age where he should know better. The girls is too young to be smart, no matter what her upbringing was - she is a victim. The pimp, who turned out a 15 year old, and beat her, goes to hell regardless.

If LT did rape her, I hope he'll burn too. Slowly.

Is it too soon for a Dez Bryant family joke here?
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • RobbRobb Posts: 2,034
    If law enforcement truly believes what they say, the DA should be charging LT with human trafficking as well as statutory rape and soliciting a prostitute. The DA has yet to do so. As currently charged, the most time he would serve if found guilty is 4 years. He would also likely have fines and be a registered sex offender. It seems like a brutal allegation yet the charges that have been brought don't match.
    imageRIP
  • SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akbar,

You are of course, correct; we must wait for the evidence to be heard and the truth to be told before coming to any conclusions. Perhaps I did overreact by comparing Taylor to Simpson, but in my defense, I did say "If this is true.....".

If these allegations are not true, then Taylor's not so bad. If they are true though, I stand by my previous comment.

Steve
  • baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭
    this is a crazy story
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• fandangofandango Posts: 2,622

<< <i>Wow, that sucks.

Just to play devil's advocate, since many not only condemn without the facts or seem to confuse the facts, here are some thoughts.

1. L.T., (probably after a night of drinking and most likely fairly inebriated), calls up and orders a prostitute. A girl is brought to his room, and he has sex and pays her the money. I doubt he asked for photo ID to see how old she was--and if he was drunk, he probably could not tell anyway. I have seen plenty of girls throughout the years, and there are many, many that you would swear were 20-21 who turn out to be teenagers. There have been plenty of threads on this very message board in years past (before the moderators started banning them), posting pictures of attractive tennis, golf, olympic, etc. females and there are plenty of lewd and suggestive comments made. Guess what--plenty of those females were teenagers--so let's not condemn L.T. as being a "pedeophile" unless it turns out that he specifically asked for an underage sexual partner and/or committed the act knowing her true age.
    That may turn out to be the case here--but I have seen no reports saying that as of yet.

2. The accusation of someone beating the girl (according to the story I read) is against the man named Davis, who brought the girl to the hotel, and apparently was acting as pimp (against her will). He is a thug and a monster for sure. It may be revealed in the future or elsewhere--but I have not yet seen any reports saying L.T. beat the girl.

So L.T. for sure has many problems, and is not a good guy role model--but to read others comments saying they want to commit murder by putting a bullet to his head, or comparing him to a probable multi-murderer (O.J. Simpson)--is, at this stage, a huge over reaction in my opinion.

The only reports I have seen, so far, say L.T. ordered a call girl, one arrived at his hotel, he had sex and paid for the service, and then it turned out the girl was underage and a victim/hostage of the pimp named Davis. If the girl had been 18 or 19 (instead of 16)--would people still be thinking he should be shot in the head or comparing him to O.J.?

If he did know she was only 16--and/or if he asked for someone that young--then I am for him being locked up for a long time. But I will wait for that fact to be reported before thinking about the proper punishment. >>

DAMN thats a good post!
    If it can be proven that LT did not know the girl was 16 (i.e. he thought she was 19), and that the acts were consentual (even though they were illegal prostitution) can he still be convicted of statutory rape? I would think not, but what do I know.

<< <i>

<< <i>Just to clairify, this is Lawrence (Cokehead) Taylor, not Ladian Tomilson. >>

That should have been the thread title! >>

Yes, it has nothing to do with still being bitter about Super Bowl 42 image
  • GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    LT is always in trouble.