Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What do you think these Gretzky stickers will grade?

These are going under the May PSA Set Registry special...gathering some opinions on potential grades, what do you think?

Thanks!

edit to add: there are no creases on any of these.

Comments

• Options
    akuracy503akuracy503 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭
    Nice stuff, aren't there other canadians who collect hockey cards with their own message forum? just sayin....image

I used to collect hockey when I played Junior B as a teenager, I imagine there are still good deals to be had in vintage hockey?

CU Ancient Members badge member.

Collection: https://flickr.com/photos/185200668@N06/albums

• Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Nice stuff, aren't there other canadians who collect hockey cards with their own message forum? just sayin....image

I used to collect hockey when I played Junior B as a teenager, I imagine there are still good deals to be had in vintage hockey? >>

If you know of a forum like this please let me know!

There are great deals to be had in vintage hockey, just have to look for them...for instance, I picked these up from Canada after calling close to 100 shops looking for '81 O-Pee-Chee stickers...of course '81 isn't vintage yet image
  • Options
    Again Even with a good scan there is noway a card can be accurately assessed.
    So it's even more pointless with bad scans. The question IS, what do you think they will grade?
    You have them in hand. Someone's guess based on a scan can't possibly be more accurate than your own
    in person eyes can they? If they look good send them in and they will get graded. Good luck, hope to see some nice grades on them.

• Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trimmeddd
    Someone has to say it. Ill be the one this time
  • Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭
  • Options
    Well if these are trimmed then they have to be one hell of a trimmer. I know where these cards came from and have ordered from the same source and know that they are not. Hope you are joking.
  • Options
    Nice stickers. The nice thing about stickers is they're on stiff stock so they hold up nicely over time. By scanning them and looking at them you can tell which ones are off center... which a couple are. The only cards that I've ever received a 10 on are stickers and it looks like you might get 1 or 2 if there's no surface scratches. 2 look like 8's and hopefully the rest 9's. Good luck Pat.

Instead of the black construction paper buy a piece of black felt then lay it over the cards on the scanner and the scans come out awesome and you can pick up the corners alot better.

Later
    Working my way to #1 1979 Topps Hockey
    I know it's going to be tough!
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Nice stickers. The nice thing about stickers is they're on stiff stock so they hold up nicely over time. By scanning them and looking at them you can tell which ones are off center... which a couple are. The only cards that I've ever received a 10 on are stickers and it looks like you might get 1 or 2 if there's no surface scratches. 2 look like 8's and hopefully the rest 9's. Good luck Pat.

Instead of the black construction paper buy a piece of black felt then lay it over the cards on the scanner and the scans come out awesome and you can pick up the corners alot better.

Later >>

Thanks Mike, I actually have some black felt downstairs in my display case. Never thought of using it...I went through hell tring to find black construction paper that day, lol.

And Turbo is right, these are deff. not trimmed.