Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Autographed 1969 Topps Football - AFL - COMPLETE!!! lots of scans...

With the TTM return today of my 1969 Topps Bob Griese, I have just completed my first fully-signed AFL set. I did only the AFL cards in the 1969 Topps set (has both AFL and NFL cards), but I am thrilled to have one set done. There is one unsigned card, the Frank Buncom. But as I have posted before, Buncom died on September 21, 1969. He had a second series card in 1969, and I don't think second series was released prior to that date, though I would love some irrefutable evidence. But as far as I know, the Buncom card was impossible to get signed, so my "set" is complete!

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

imageimage
Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.

Comments

• Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    Absolutely amazing accomplishment. I'm not ballsy enough to try something of that magnitude.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. I am pretty excited about it. This is the first autographed "set" that I have ever completed.
    Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    I'm working on smaller sets (61/69 basketball) and I can't even fathom finishing. that's a fantastic accomplishment. I hope you really enjoy it. you going to try the NFL side next?
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow - that is a positively tremendous piece of collecting.

Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    what an amazing accomplishment - well done!

I saw your last scan was Lamonica - I sat next to him on a flight back from Dallas probably 15 years ago or so. Very nice guy. Didn't even know it was him until we were deplaning and my boss (ex-Bronco kicker Bob Scarpitto) started talking to him. Wish I would have know, but then he may not have been as nice - I would have been peppering him with questions. image
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations on completion! Nice cards
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    mojorobmojorob Posts: 392 ✭✭
    Todd,

Your A.F.L. Collection is simply Amazing!!

I really think having the complete AFL contingent signed in probably Topps most popular issue from
    that era and the AFL's final season, is really something special.

An off the charts collecting accomplishment if you ask me.
    Also very cool of you to share it with us.

Thank you very much & Congrats!
    That's a treasure.

Kirk

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    WTG TODD! ENJOY!

PM being sent later today.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    very cool

thanks for sharing
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great job on putting this set together...image

Congrats on your completion...Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    jlzinckjlzinck Posts: 907 ✭✭
    Very cool.

Larry Garron was my marketing prof is college. He was more interested in talking about his son's FB career- I believe he was drafted by KC- than his own!