suxxxxxxxxxxxx

i really hadbad luck with bbce tooo
    Buying:
    Topps White Out (silver) letters Alex Gordon
    80 Topps Greg Pryor “No Name"
    90 ProSet Dexter Manley error
    90 Topps Jeff King Yellow back
    1958 Topps Pancho Herrera (no“a”)
    81 Topps Art Howe (black smear above hat)
    91 D A. Hawkins BC-12 “Pitcher”
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are those boxes sequenced like the 1989 Upper deck boxes? Is there a way to know what pack has what? I dont know much about unopened product past 1993.
    1990 Score sequenced
    1989 Upper Deck Sequenced
    1987 Fleer Sequenced
    what else?
  • Options
    1993 Upper Deck SP was completely hit or miss on the boxes, you either slammed a Grandslam or struck out on 3 pitches, if memory serves me right I had to open 6 boxes of 93 Sp to get a complete set. 1 box you get 1 or 4 Jeters, next box 0.

Are those boxes sequenced like the 1989 Upper deck boxes? Is there a way to know what pack has what?

No sequencing that I knew of on the 93 SP, and on the 89 UD only the later printing had any sequencing and that was hit and miss.

• Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Bad luck, I swung and missed on some 94 SP from BBCEX but I got some nice Damons!

Its just the luck of the draw.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    Maybe Steve could send you one
    Tom
  • Options
    akuracy503akuracy503 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear of your misfortune, makes me feel good about the junk I recently opened for a measely $100

CU Ancient Members badge member.

Collection: https://flickr.com/photos/185200668@N06/albums

• Options
    Forgive me if the Jeter market blew up more than I realize but I thought you could buy a PSA 9 in the range of three and change?

Ah - I see they have gone up. One ended at $350, but that looks like a mistake BIN by the seller. Appear to be high $4's now. Wow.

Sorry about the misfortune on the boxes.
    kshorton says: i gots an Empire State Building card... seeking advice.. is this better and worth more than my psa 3 franco harris 1973 topps card which i defouled by trying to make a baby with ? Please advise. the franco card is graded.. the ESB card is not yet, and I do not want to have a baby with the ESB card.
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    is that even possible?
  • Options
    Um, just for perspective, why should a Jeter rookie command more than 1980 Rickey Henderson PSA 9, ~$175ish?

Or more than a 1983 T Gwynn for maybe $20... (forgive me, I don't keep track of some of these fast-dropping prices.)

Jeter's not anything special, stats-wise will be just an average HOF (unless he gets another 1,500 hits to break Rose's record, which seems a not-high probability event.)
  • Options
    RogermnjRogermnj Posts: 1,809 ✭✭
    got 6 javy lopez, 5 carlos delgado, one box had 1 pack with no rookie. 2nd box had 3 packs with no rookie.

worst luck ever
    thats why i havent busted any wax in months.
  • Options
    RobbRobb Posts: 2,034

<< <i>Um, just for perspective, why should a Jeter rookie command more than 1980 Rickey Henderson PSA 9, ~$175ish?

Or more than a 1983 T Gwynn for maybe $20... (forgive me, I don't keep track of some of these fast-dropping prices.)

Jeter's not anything special, stats-wise will be just an average HOF (unless he gets another 1,500 hits to break Rose's record, which seems a not-high probability event.) >>

Supply and demand doesn't give a damn about stats.
    imageRIP
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Um, just for perspective, why should a Jeter rookie command more than 1980 Rickey Henderson PSA 9, ~$175ish?

Jeter's not anything special, stats-wise will be just an average HOF (unless he gets another 1,500 hits to break Rose's record, which seems a not-high probability event.) >>

1993 SP is a foil card, very susceptible to dings and chips

Jeter's a Yankee

Jeter's the Yankee Captain

Jeter's probably the most popular Yankee since oh I don't know, Mickey Mantle?

Steve

Edited to add:

You could ask the same thing about why Mickey Mantle cards are worth more than Willie Mays and Hank Aaron cards.

Popularity does not directly relate to a player's statistics.
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    After years of cracking boxes and cases, I know only by the stars. I know it is not as much fun, but it works out in the end money-wise.
  • Options
    This is why I stick to 1990 Fleer Football for cracking boxes!

Actually, I do feel the pain.

One time, I was looking through one of my old commons boxes, and underneath a shoebox was one of the foil SP Jeters with no sleeve or anything on it!!!

Even with the bad corner dings and bad marks on the foil, some guy still bought it for 10 bucks at a flea market from me.

I told him the story about how it hadn't even been in a sleeve or anything, but he bought it just so he could own one.

I don't know how I screwed that card up so badly, and why it didn't end up in a sleeve and toploader. image
    Collecting: non-sports (celebrities, movies, tv, Batman, Wrestling & Wrestling Divas, & more), and sports (Spurs, Cowboys, Braves and other favorites)

My eBay Store: Chosen Point's Heroic Diversions eBay Store
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Have you looked at all the fronts and backs of the cards for errors?