NT
    Can't never Could!
  • Options
    jhdflajhdfla Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That piece looks totally NT and lovely.

Or, to paraphrase Ricko, an ugly piece of junk. image
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    I can't stand it when everyone agrees. Sooooo, I will say AT.image
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume it's NT. VERY nice looking coin..............MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,664 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I can't stand it when everyone agrees. Sooooo, I will say AT.image >>

If I promise to give you a jelly doughnut
    will agree then image
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imageimage
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NT, and mint set toned. Nice!
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    curlycurly Posts: 2,880

NT and the fingerprint is kinda cool too.
    Every man is a self made man.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well Jeremy, I would not put it in quite those terms image, although it may not be my preferred example. As to the original question, although the prevailing opinion is NT, my input would be - perhaps so, although, if you like them like that, they can be made with minimal effort. image
    Cheers, RickO
  • Options

<< <i>Well Jeremy, I would not put it in quite those terms image, although it may not be my preferred example. As to the original question, although the prevailing opinion is NT, my input would be - perhaps so, although, if you like them like that, they can be made with minimal effort. image
    Cheers, RickO >>

RickO who loves the pure white coins knows how to make rainbows?
    imageimageimage

By the way nice NT. image
  • Options
    etexmikeetexmike Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭
    Ol' George looks NT to me.

Mike
  • Options
    JJMJJM Posts: 7,982 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NT nice
    👍BST's erickso1,cone10,MICHAELDIXON,TennesseeDave,p8nt,jmdm1194,RWW,robkool,Ahrensdad,Timbuk3,Downtown1974,bigjpst,mustanggt,Yorkshireman,idratherbgardening,SurfinxHI,derryb,masscrew,Walkerguy21D,MJ1927,sniocsu,Coll3tor,doubleeagle07,luciobar1980,PerryHall,SNMAM,mbcoin,liefgold,keyman64,maprince230,TorinoCobra71,RB1026,Weiss,LukeMarshall,Wingsrule,Silveryfire, pointfivezero,IKE1964,AL410, Tdec1000, AnkurJ,guitarwes,Type2,Bp777,jfoot113,JWP,mattniss,dantheman984,jclovescoins,Collectorcoins,Weather11am,Namvet69,kansasman,Bruce7789,ADG,Larrob37
  • Options
    JRoccoJRocco Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one is NT Stef
    And very nice.
    Some coins are just plain "Interesting"
  • Options
    crypto79crypto79 Posts: 8,623
    As much as it pains me NT
  • Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    I think we should find out who shot the Eagle's right wing with buckshot before we concern ourselves if this coin in AT or NT! image
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    UT (ugly tarnish)
  • Options
    LewyLewy Posts: 594
    Well masses, is this 'really' natural toning; but why? Is it the fact that it is not grossly overdone as most artificial toning is? Is that the reason? Since there seems to be a class distinction between AT & NT, I think that if I were in the business of deceiving the masses, I would choose not to 'overdo' it also. NT or AT, does it really matter? Isn't the effect the same?

Back when cleaning of coins was the popular 'in thing' to do, a cleaned coin was desirable. Today, toned coins are desirable. Fifty years in the future, will collectors look at toned coins as either environmental damage or the work of an idiot ?
  • Options

<< <i>Well masses, is this 'really' natural toning; but why? Is it the fact that it is not grossly overdone as most artificial toning is? Is that the reason? Since there seems to be a class distinction between AT & NT, I think that if I were in the business of deceiving the masses, I would choose not to 'overdo' it also. NT or AT, does it really matter? Isn't the effect the same?

Back when cleaning of coins was the popular 'in thing' to do, a cleaned coin was desirable. Today, toned coins are desirable. Fifty years in the future, will collectors look at toned coins as either environmental damage or the work of an idiot ? >>

First of all the color, pattern, and overall appearance is what leads the masses to tag it with the NT label....the combined collecting experience of those posting is probably more than a hundred years so I would put a lot of credence to what has been posted by knowledgable folks. Most coin doctors are not good coin doctors so they can't choose to overdoo or underdue the color....what ever happens via the addition of heat and chemicals happens and then the more realistic creations typically sell for more money. The better doctors will not waste their time creating coins that have ho hum mint set toning as the money is in the neon rainbow monsters. NT vs AT matters becuase a lot of it has to do with the stability of the coin and or toning. If a coin is stored in say a paper roll and it exhibits beautiful toning then removing that coin from that environment will in essence stop the toning process. When coins are chemically treated then those same chemicals can remain on a coins surface after the grading process and the coin can continue to tone until it's black or environmentally damaged etc.

As far as toned coins being popular in 50 years.....no one can say for sure but since they have been popular with collector for the past coulple hundred years I would put my money or there still being a good market for them in 50 years.....I would also say that your thoughts on toning in the future being considered either environmentally damaged or the work of idiots is purely your opinion...and one that I would think most would not share unless the prefer their blast white widgets which is just fine.

I would not think that coin dippers would be considered idiots now or in the future either image
  • Options
    fastfreddiefastfreddie Posts: 2,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely NT with a partial fingerprint on Mr. Washington's forehead.
    It is not that life is short, but that you are dead for so very long.
  • Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NT of course.
    Many happy BST transactions

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file