Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

New Trade Dollar......

relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
The coin is accompanied by an Anacs photo certificate from 1981. What are your thoughts and grade?

imageimage
Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions

Comments

• Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this the one you posted the other night? If so, I hadn't noticed the rim bump above the S in STATES on the reverse at that time.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    TennesseeDaveTennesseeDave Posts: 4,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    VG-10 /F-12
    Trade $'s
  • Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,158 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going with their infamous dual grade system, my guess is VF20 Obv, F15 Rev.
    Doesn't do a lot for me, but I realize you are building a 7070 with these, so you kinda gotta take what you can get.....and it's not a Chinese fake, so you got that going for you image
    Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks around VG10 to me, saw a lot of use without too many bad hits or being melted. I like it.
  • Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Old ANACS ... VG-8
    Current ... F-12

Lane
    Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it a lot and agree with ANACS.
    Sweet find! It should fit in well with your type set I'd think.

peacockcoins

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice coin... always liked trade dollars.... Chop marked ones especially. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    crypto79crypto79 Posts: 8,623
    VG 10(pcgs) as the denticals have worn together, never cleaned like some thought. good look can't go wrong for under 150$. Rare with a Photo Cert as most I have seen are of $$$$proofs that have since been slabbed as worn trades had little value 30 years ago.
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks well traded! image
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    pmacpmac Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭
    One that has seen that much wear would be nice to have some counterstamps to verify its travels to China.
    Paul
  • Options
    relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, They graded F12/12
    Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file