Home Precious Metals

"SIZE MATTERS" show and tell (CaptHenway copyright)

From a comment of our Captain in the US Coin Forum.

Show your biggest (by size or weight) piece of bullion (either round or bar).

Unfortunately, my biggest size is just 100g of silver...image

edited to add: oh, well, my dad has a 10 Pahlavi...does that count?

Comments

• bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭
    The biggest I have is a 5oz proof Libertad. However, my motherboard got toasted so I'm upgrading my computer so I don't have any pictures atm. image
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine's just a lowly Koala 10ozer

• WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about some round stuff instead of square?

The Indiana piece (.999+) is from gsa1fan, the mayflower (sterling) from jkal:

The mayflower pieces appear to be somewhat rare.
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    Biggest & prettiestimage

Weiss; where that 10oz Au Pamp?
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a couple doorstops & paperweights...
    imageimage
  • gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231
    10oz is the biggest I own, or have ever owned. Larger bars scare me as the resale options dramatically decrease as size increases. I like my metal to be of the size whereby 75%+ of all Americans could afford to buy it without financing or having to save up for it. Im even a bit uncomfortable with owning a 100g gold bar!
  • WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cause I keep forgetting I have this one... image

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • ZubieZubie Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭
    Here are my biggest bars/coins at the house.

Two 100 oz JM struck bars
    One 10 oz 1998 Maple leaf (my first silver bullion piece)
    Two 5 oz 2010 Proof Libertads (1 obverse/1 reverse)
    One 5 oz 2010 Unc Libertad

just to show size...One 1/20 oz 2010 Unc Libertad

Positive BST Transactions with:
    Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123
  • MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's an interesting piece I've had for a long time. I still have not seen another one.
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A small pile of doorstops...........MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......