Home Precious Metals
Options

Gold Standard Company 10 oz. Silver Bar

Per Gecko's request, these look an awful lot like Englehard fatty 10s

Comments

• Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's cool!
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    image Great looking bar just my styleimage

Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    Interesting, I wonder if they were made-to-order by Engelhard.
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,438 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Interesting, I wonder if they were made-to-order by Engelhard. >>

It sure looks like that is the case.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231
    When I saw them in the shop this morning, I couldnt help but feel they were made by Engelhard for the "Gold Standard" company. Kind of like how brand name companies make the generic labels for the food industry. Would love to hear SilverBaron's take on these bars!
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Note the "P" prefix on the serial number, just like on the Englehard.
    TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,438 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Note the "P" prefix on the serial number, just like on the Englehard.
    TD >>

The "999+ FINE SILVER 10 TR OZ" is also the same as on the Engelhard bars.

P.S.: T.D.---Learn how to spell Engelhard.image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,559 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Note the "P" prefix on the serial number, just like on the Englehard.
    TD >>

The "999+ FINE SILVER 10 TR OZ" is also the same as on the Engelhard bars.

P.S.: T.D.---Learn how to spell Engelhard.image >>

I was using the Canadien spelling!

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Also notice the rectangular box surrounding the name is identical to Engelhard's. I wonder if those serial numbers fit within Engelhard's numbering system, i.e. are they a part of the sequential system? No doubt in my mind they are produced by Engelhard. Cool bar!!!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could also just be a ripoff of engelhard. Copying everything they did to make it seem more legit. Just saying.

I like the idea that they were "made for", though. NWT does that for Pan America.
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231
    Weiss, thats a valid point and also something Tom said this morning as we discussed it. Im almost convinced that its an Engelhard product though. There is a chance its just a copycat too.