Home Metal Detecting
Options

I got my White's Dual Field PI this weekend..

kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
I purchased it from Trans Bay Metal Detectors in Foster City, CA. I highly recommend them! I got a good hour long lesson on using a PI detector vs a VLF and he assisted me putting the detector together and gave me a couple of freebies. I also purchased a monster of a wet-sand beach scoop. Prices were every bit as competitive as anything on the Internet and the one-on-one attention was just great.

That said, PI detectors are waaaay different from VLFs, that's for sure! As much as I loved getting waist deep into some creek water today and hitting some beaches in Santa Cruz, I'm gonna have to break down and buy a VLF detector for everyday park use-- probably the beloved Ace 250. Not having any discrimination at all is killing me!

"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patience and 'reading' the beach is critical to success with the DF. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    <FONT size=3><!--StartFragment --> <!--StartFragment --> Greg Moscini Is VERY good to deal with. He know his stuff .

Jerry</FONT>
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options

<< <i>I purchased it from Trans Bay Metal Detectors in Foster City, CA. I highly recommend them! I got a good hour long lesson on using a PI detector vs a VLF and he assisted me putting the detector together and gave me a couple of freebies. I also purchased a monster of a wet-sand beach scoop. Prices were every bit as competitive as anything on the Internet and the one-on-one attention was just great.

That said, PI detectors are waaaay different from VLFs, that's for sure! As much as I loved getting waist deep into some creek water today and hitting some beaches in Santa Cruz, I'm gonna have to break down and buy a VLF detector for everyday park use-- probably the beloved Ace 250. Not having any discrimination at all is killing me! >>

Ahhh a local image
    I was there a couple weeks back picking up a pair of Sunrays for my Sovereign GT. Nice guy and like you he gave me an hour long refresher course on some things image
    Was just over in Foster today for the Polynesian festival actually hee hee.

Good luck with you're machine!!

~Joey

Northern California
    Minelab Sovereign GT with 180 meter and Sunray probe.