Home Precious Metals

Comrade need helb, "modern crap" in2 silber?

renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
This comrade has dilema. Collector vs. Investor. I suffer from disease.

The dilema: Comrade has one 2008-W 4-coin AGE unc and one 2008-W 4-coin Buff unc. bot $4,000 from Mint. This comrade thinks $8,500-$10,000 on black market calld eBay. I want buy silver (best value IMO). Comrade Collector is having hard time parting with beutiful Buff set. Comrade Investor say never go brokk stealing profits.

Any other comrade "suffering"?

Is my Inglish bettor?

Comrade Renski

Comments

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hahahahaha! Comrade Renski make a joke. whole world knows that Golden Buffalos made from manganese and copper!!! If having trouble to let go of Golden Buffalos, is very simpel. buy psycholocgical helps for many thoushands of dollars. is ok to do that because dollars are not worth anything anyway!!! Is easy for monetary master to think of.

Gold en Buffalos herd are full valued so is no beeg deel to sell for a profit and then to pay many taxes. 2008-W AGE set is still going up, in jmski's moderate opinion of worthless thought. is ok to sell it too but is more of long term keeper. but everybody knows that jmski just guessing!!!

Any other comrade "suffering"?

Yes, jmski suffers from terminal "slow to sell" syndrome. Is hard to get hang of this "flip for profit" theeng. mebbe some day jmski sell to unsuspecting rube from the city and make beeg money for having beeg party and beer bust!!!

Is my Inglish bettor?

oh, yes my comrade. enlish is much better now that you have stayed in thees courntry long enough to appreciate carbon footprints. jmski also practicing to hold breath longtime for never to leave carbon dioxide in greenhouse atmospheeer. jmski not going to "off" himself tho because he like good joke from seeing smoke from prairie grass fire he sets to burn field. hahaha, joke on jmski is that department of natural resources says that field burning is good for field. Al Gore would not understand, hahahaha.image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    I had a similar problem with NCLT silver coins ( pandas , britannias, kooks etc)

I sold them all and replaced them with ASE and engelhard bars , with the left over money I added a small amount of AGE and also some PT ( very small amount ) and took a small trip to Aruba.

Now i have better metal diversification, and the wife was pretty happy.

I miss some of the pieces sometimes, but overall i feel i made the right trade.

"Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx
  • gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    How many oz's of silver you want to trade for the Buff set?image
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would expect a fresh raw Unc Gold Buff 4-coin set to sell on ebay in the neighborhood of $6,000 +/- $500 as we speak. Then, be sure to deduct the ebay fees, and net out your proceeds after taxes.

I would expect a fresh raw Unc Gold 2008-W Burnished AGE 4-coin set to sell on ebay in the neighborhood of $5,000 +/- $500 currently. The same considerations would apply regarding ebay fees and taxes.

Clearly, the Gold Buffs have had center stage for the better part of the past year.

It now appears that people are taking note of the 2008-W Burnished AGE mintages. Since the Mint is not very easy to predict, I take them at face value in their ceasation of the Burnished AGE issues. I don't need a model to know that except for the 1/2 ozer, this makes them the keys to an ongoing and fairly popular series.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sell AGE after good advise from comrades jmski n gecko. This comrade much like Buffaloes and keep set. Renski needs more silber.
  • gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231
    I hit a similar crossroads a few months ago comrade. I decided to dump my much beloved gold panda collection in order to take advantage of the numismatic premiums those coins currently enjoy so that I could replace them with 1/4 oz gold eagles. So that I wouldnt later regret my decision, I did keep all of my 1/4oz pandas as a memento of what once was. How do I feel now that the conversion has been completed? No regrets at all comrade! Through the transition, I was able to add a few ounces of Au to the war chest, and I honestly dont miss even the ultra rare 1998 gold 1/2oz panda. Now you need to analyze the possible benefits of switching that "overpriced" 1.85 ounces of gold with the hairy animals stamped into them for a couple of hundred ounces of silver!
  • renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Comrade gecko, I like bluntness of last sentence. Make good point, no.