Comments

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never!

link-o
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    slantycouchslantycouch Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭
    That's pretty cool. I've never seen one of those.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will be intersting to see what the premium over melt this coin will bring. Anyone care to guess the final price?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    I'm wondering if it's legit?image
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    AboutAgAboutAg Posts: 201 ✭✭

<< <i>It will be intersting to see what the premium over melt this coin will bring. Anyone care to guess the final price? >>

My hunch is about 50% over spot, maybe higher.
  • Options
    calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    Very cool!
    "Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx
  • Options
    AgBloxAgBlox Posts: 744 ✭✭
    If anyone is planning on bidding on this don't go too crazy. I inquired about it 5 minutes after it was listed. Said he would sell to me outright for $180 each and has 20 available. I passed after learning how many he had available. Didn't seem right for something I've never seen before and I was questioning its authenticity before inquiring. Most likely the real deal but I rather err on the side of caution.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AgBlox---Thanks for the warning. If he has 20, expect numerous subsequent auctions with a corresponding drop in price.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    Seller seem to be very reputable. From the description:

"Welcome to Monetarium. With over 100 years of combined experience we have been assisting clients to create wealth through investment in Australian Coins and Banknotes since 1985. We are one of the founding members of ANDA and are official agents for The Royal Australian and Perth Mints."
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    AgBlox - thanks for the warning! I collect engelhard stuff and had never seen one of those. I figured I would bid high enough to be sure I got it. I saw your post and didn't bid at all.

As you predicted, the seller listed another one today.

Thanks again for saving me money!
  • Options
    That is the first time that I have seen one of those 1/10 oz gold coins from Engelhard. I do not see many fractional gold Engelhard rounds and the ones that I see are usually on ebay.

DISCLAIMER: I am NOT a '70's silver art bar expert but I try my best to play one on the Internet.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    neat item ( never seen one but still a nice item just the same )
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>neat item ( never seen one but still a nice item just the same ) >>

That seller has some interesting bullion listed.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    The second one sold for about $50 bucks more than the first one ...and the third one listed so far its going for a nice premium as well.

Looks like the seller will slowly sell the 1/10 and apparently not flood the market.

Groucho Marx
  • Options
    the third of these 1/10 gold engelhard rounds just sold....highest price so far.

the first one sold in $138

the second one went for $191

and the third went for $218

i wonder what the fourth one will sell for???
    Groucho Marx
  • Options
    Monetarium are one of the largest coin dealers here in Australia,i have seen alot of these 1/10th engelhards about,they are real and from memory were about in the late 80's early 90's,not associated with MT but have drroled over there excessive prices and rare coins for along time