Home Precious Metals
Options

1oz Bars -- Kitco vs. Apmex

I searched a little and found threads about buying from Kitco... seems like mostly good experiences.

If I'm looking to buy 10 or so 1oz 'generic' bars, is there any reason to not choose Kitco's brand bars over Apmex? Is there a general preference of one over the other? Is there a better suggestion that I might be missing?

I realize silver is silver, but I also don't want ones that are hard to sell later, for any reason.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    I'd check silver towne too. If you are price shopping.
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231
    For such a small order, the BST might be your best bet. A few posters (JDhimmock in particular) often sell silver for very close to melt value.
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're going to buy bars from either of them, go with the cheaper payment/shipping options that give you the true possession "spot" price. I think they're about the same mentally on sale/purchase.

I'd love to buy more with the fee schedule cut in half or 2/3...even with the noted premium adjusted a bit. 50 cents over spot, but high shipping fees that add $1/oz annoy me...just say "free shipping at $X over spot for delivery" and I guarantee business would go up.

• Options
    We did a transaction with Apmex last week.... they were dependable, fast and good to work with.image