Home Metal Detecting
Options

6 Silvers and 13 Wheats today

pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭
Started off slow today with very little to show after a couple hours. Finally worked my way over to a spot that was rather productive last year. Put my sensitivity to the max and went on my way. Decided to dig a couple of signals that were barely more than a blip. Two of those turned out to be silver roosies! Scratched the first with my shovel... then scratched and second one too. Thought I was cursed, but then the 3rd silver roosie and the 1942 Washington came out just fine. Found Sterling ring (silver #5), which actually looks a bit antique-ish so it could be from the '50s. Also found a sterling Catholic cross making for 6 silvers today. Certainly needed this after a silver slump. Also picked up 13 wheats ranging from 1939 to 1956 (not pictured).

Towards the end of the night, got a foil/gold signal and decided to dig... my heart started racing as this was staring back at me. I kept it in the clump and took it home. After some pics, and high anticipation that this could be gold, I gently opened the clump... still looked good. Got it out, dropped on the scale, over 16 grams! BUT, after some polishing, it's definitely gold plated at best. Fun while is lasted though, that's why we get out there 'cause you never know what will pop out next.

Comments