Home Metal Detecting
Options

Found My First Wheat Cent!

Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
I got tired of MDing in the park and drove a few miles out of town and found an older farmstead and worked up the courage to ask if I could dig in their farm yard. The owner had no problem saying yes, I actullay met the guy before in my home town back when I was in high school, he runs a dirt track racing outfit...another story. I started out between the garage and the barn, all I could thing is DAMN THATS ALOT OF IRON. Found numerious car parts, wagon parts, tractor parts, not many beer tabs though...what kind of farm was this? I worked my way out into the tree line in hopes of better finds. And there it was! a 1929....no not a coin a Ford 2 door sedan. I got a bit tired of all this so I walked back out into the yard and set my detector down so I could put my tools away...then Beep beep....well shlt I better dig that. 6 Inches down only but hey there it was my dark encrusted 1927 D Wheati. I shall display it with pride!

Oh and those interested in the car Im guessing the farmer would part with it but Im holding out its location till I make up my mind on either 29 ford 2 door rat rod or 55 chevy 2 door. One of the hardest decisions of my life...

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations on the wheatie... and that site, though trashy, may hold a lot of potential. Well worth working it and clearing the debris. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    davbecdavbec Posts: 321 ✭✭
    congrats on your first wheat!
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭✭
    A big congrats on your first wheat! This is just the beginning of many good finds.
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh and those interested in the car Im guessing the farmer would part with it but Im holding out its location till I make up my mind on either 29 ford 2 door rat rod or 55 chevy 2 door. One of the hardest decisions of my life... >>

I would go for the fordimage..unless the chev a rag top.
  • Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Farms are exhausting to search! It takes a lot of patience to wade through a barrage or beeps.
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations on an important milestone. Now get that first silver coin! Where there are Wheaties, there's often silver...

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    I still remember my first wheatie....a 1939 found in a local park....was I tickled!.........
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i remember my first wheat back, it was a 1953. i was thrilled with that as well. congrats on the find image