Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Public Apology in order

Just want to fess up and apologize to everyone on this board. For the past few years, I have been living a lie. I have been making claims that just are not true. Im NOT a fireman for Chicago, but rather an unemployed IT worker. I have not worked in 20 months due to cut backs. I like to boast about things I could never have because it makes me feel important to do so in a forum like this. Any scans I have ever posted (be it cards, gold, silver, coins) were all just photos that I copied and pasted from the internet. My household income is nowhere near 173K (I wish it was!!!). In fact, I got just $17,345 from unemployment insurance last year. Also, im not married to a physical therapist who makes $86,000...again, I wish I was!!! Truth is, im not married. Im dating a woman who has 3 kids from a broken previous marraige. She is also on federal assistance as well. I just thought it was very important for me to get all this out in the open. I sincerely hope you can find it within yourselves to forgive me, and my constant lying. Thanks.

Phil

Comments

• BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>forgive me, and my constant lying. Thanks.

Phil >>

Well, if you constantly lie then this can't be the truth either. image
  • gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231

<< <i>

<< <i>forgive me, and my constant lying. Thanks.

Phil >>

Well, if you constantly lie then this can't be the truth either. image >>

I have decided to turn over a new leaf....everything in the above posting is absolutely true!

• << <i>Just want to fess up and apologize to everyone on this board. For the past few years, I have been living a lie. I have been making claims that just are not true. Im NOT a fireman for Chicago, but rather an unemployed IT worker. I have not worked in 20 months due to cut backs. I like to boast about things I could never have because it makes me feel important to do so in a forum like this. Any scans I have ever posted (be it cards, gold, silver, coins) were all just photos that I copied and pasted from the internet. My household income is nowhere near 173K (I wish it was!!!). In fact, I got just $17,345 from unemployment insurance last year. Also, im not married to a physical therapist who makes $86,000...again, I wish I was!!! Truth is, im not married. Im dating a woman who has 3 kids from a broken previous marraige. She is also on federal assistance as well. I just thought it was very important for me to get all this out in the open. I sincerely hope you can find it within yourselves to forgive me, and my constant lying. Thanks.

Phil >>

Huh????

Geez, what did I miss?
  • bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    It doesn't matter what you do (or don't do)....the point is to have confidence in yourself and in your abilites......I suggest Lou Tice or Tony Robbins motivation tapes......they are great.
  • billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    Please tell me you weren't lying about your collection you had for sale on the BST board!!

<< <i>Please tell me you weren't lying about your collection you had for sale on the BST board!! >>

All lies...im sorry, please forgive me.
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Kind of hard to know WHAT to believe.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    WHO CARES!!!!
  • Man this board just keeps getting weirder.
    Do You Collect image Baseball 1937,1965-94,2008-09?
    Or Regional Canadian Baseball Issues?
    Come be a contributor to the OPC Baseball Wiki. It's free and easy!
    OPeeChee.Wikispaces.Com
  • What's this running soap opera I walked into just February 2010?

The drama, the self-pity, the confessionals, etc., etc.

To make a confession myself, I'm an international criminal on the run from interpol... wanted for switching out the real PSA 8 Honus Wagner with a Hewlitt Packard Photojet 1100 printout...

(Please don't anyone report me to Homeland Security - thanks.)
  • RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    sounds like Axtell
  • matthewbschultz83matthewbschultz83 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭
    You turned over a leaf in 9 minutes??
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

Building Sets, Collecting Texas Rangers, and Texas Tech Red Raiders
  • gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭✭
    Bill finally figured out gecko's password!

Good for you Bill, WELCOME BACK!
  • Okay...either

A) Someone hacked gecko's account and posted all of that.

B) Gecko is just screwing around which will alienate a lot of people here.

C) Gecko is telling the truth which will piss off even more people.

I have a feeling Gecko just lost a whole lot of credibility...

stepping away from the grease fire.
  • bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>Okay...either

stepping away from the grease fire. >>

I demand a popcorn girl appearance immediately!!!
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • purduepetepurduepete Posts: 791 ✭✭✭
    Tom

Collecting: Topps 1952-79, Bowman 1952-55, OPC 1965-71, and Pre-War White Sox cards
  • TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

Honestly not sure what to make of this. Phil, are you simply giving in to those who harrass you and telling them what they want to hear/believe, or is this the real you coming out? If so, living a lie for 6500 + posts has to have been hard, and confessing said lie has to be pretty liberating. Assuming this is now the real you, even though you have never personally wronged me, I'll axtend the hand of forgiveness. I have been forgiven much, things much worse than living a lie on a message board.

I really hope this is really you now, and not another case of throwing raw meat to the crocodiles to stir them up.

<< <i>Okay...either

The correct answer is C). At some point in our lives, we all try to act "bigger" than we really are....its only human nature. I thought I could get away with it on a web forum such as this. Its easy to impress people by "scanning" photos of items you dont really own. There is no way for anyone here to prove I dont own them. I was wrong for what I did. A few very observant members here have rained down on me hardcore, and I finally folded under the pressure. I feel MUCH better now that the truth is out. Hopefully we can all move forward from here, and I can just try to get people to like me for who I am, and not what I wish I was!
  • MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭

<< <i>image

Honestly not sure what to make of this. Phil, are you simply giving in to those who harrass you and telling them what they want to hear/believe, or is this the real you coming out? If so, living a lie for 6500 + posts has to have been hard, and confessing said lie has to be pretty liberating. Assuming this is now the real you, even though you have never personally wronged me, I'll axtend the hand of forgiveness. I have been forgiven much, things much worse than living a lie on a message board.

I really hope this is really you now, and not another case of throwing raw meat to the crocodiles to stir them up. >>

Well said.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • mccardguy1mccardguy1 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Bill finally figured out gecko's password!

Good for you Bill, WELCOME BACK! >>

LOL!!!

And to echo someone else's comments......who cares!! I mean really who cares.

If Gecko would just stop with his grandstanding and telling everyone how much he makes blah blah blah....he would have been accepted (or at least I think he would have been!) If you would have just quit with the crap about how much you sell, how much you make, how much you have and all the rest of your BS you would have been fine. Now too many people could give carp about anything you have, say or do!!
    I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!
  • VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭
    No offense to you at all, Gecko, but it's posts like these that have made me read these boards about 90% less than I had been over the previous two years. I just don't want to get into people's personal stuff. If we become friends through talking about cards, great! But I don't need to read about anyone's personal stuff, gripes with other members or mea cupla's . I just want to talk about sports collectibles.

Good luck to you.

• << <i>

<< <i>Okay...either

The correct answer is C). At some point in our lives, we all try to act "bigger" than we really are....its only human nature. I thought I could get away with it on a web forum such as this. Its easy to impress people by "scanning" photos of items you dont really own. There is no way for anyone here to prove I dont own them. I was wrong for what I did. A few very observant members here have rained down on me hardcore, and I finally folded under the pressure. I feel MUCH better now that the truth is out. Hopefully we can all move forward from here, and I can just try to get people to like me for who I am, and not what I wish I was! >>

In that case, God Bless. I wish the best for you.

<< <i>image

I really hope this is really you now, and not another case of throwing raw meat to the crocodiles to stir them up. >>

It has been hard. I have actually had to keep a notebook of sorts so that I could keep track of all my imaginary possesions. I didnt want to mess up and have someone discover I was just lying! It does feel very liberating now that im "out". I feel no more pressure to put up this false facade. I just now hope that people can forgive. I really messed up by telling so many lies and BS over the past few years!!! Lots of damage done im sure....let the healing begin.

<< <i>No offense to you at all, Gecko, but it's posts like these that have made me read these boards about 90% less than I had been over the previous two years. I just don't want to get into people's personal stuff. If we become friends through talking about cards, great! But I don't need to read about anyone's personal stuff, gripes with other members or mea cupla's . I just want to talk about sports collectibles.

Good luck to you. >>

I need to personally apologize to you as well. I laid into you a few months ago in a fit of rage. The truth is, as a fellow government aid receipient, I hated my situation and thought I would feel better about myself in bashing yours. Im sorry about that.
  • Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Popcorn girl continues to amaze.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Lots of damage done im sure....let the healing begin. >>

Good luck.
    But I'm not aware of a cure for douchery.
  • storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭

"...I really hope this is really you now, and not another case of throwing raw meat to the crocodiles to stir them up...."

///////////////////////////////////////////

"Hope as you will, against all hope."

Gecko is exactly what/who he has always purported to be.

He makes about the amount of money he claims to make
    and - unless you make more than he does - he stirs envy.

While it's "rude" to boast about money, all of his claims are
    true.

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • 123Slider123Slider Posts: 851 ✭✭
    Whether or not anyone here cares to forgive you IF what you say is true is of little consequence. Regardless, you have some real issues to deal with.
    The best pitch to start a hitter off with is always strike one.
  • MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Really lame no matter if true or not.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Day by day soap image

Ryan
    1938 Cartledge Boxing cards psa 7 - psa 10
    1951 Topps Red backs psa 8 only!
    1960 Golden Press Presidential set Psa 8 's - Psa 9's
    1961 Golden Press psa 9's
    1976 Topps baseball psa 9 Stars
    1980 Kelloggs baseball Psa 9's - Psa 10's
    1988-1989 Fleer Basketball psa 9's
    1988-1989 Fleer Stickers psa 9's
    1989-1990 Fleer Basketball psa 10's
    1992 Coca-Cola Donruss Nolan Ryan 1-26 Psa 10 only Gpa 9.80++ E-mail Newyork00007@aol.com
  • MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    I think we should cut Gecko some slack. Of all the ways for us to find out the truth, this was by far the best, and it was a lie that didn't hurt anyone. It took some balls to come out like this.

Hoping things the best for you and your wife, Phil.

Clear Skies,
    Mark
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
This discussion has been closed.