Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Crap! I befriended a dealer that I normally cherrypick.

tydyetydye Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭
And felt obligated to tell him that his $20 priced item was worth $500 or more. Thanks Mom

Comments

• Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭
    Please let me know where to look......
  • Options
    pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imageimageimage

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • Options
    MidLifeCrisisMidLifeCrisis Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gotta hate it when that happens.
  • Options
    sounds like he just made himself a great friend!!! image
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options
    gonzergonzer Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bummer for your CP'ing days but methinks your kharma just rose a notch or two.
  • Options
    QuarternutQuarternut Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭

<< <i>And felt obligated to tell him that his $20 priced item was worth $500 or more. Thanks Mom >>

Was that after you bought the item from him or before? image

(Now where is that little devil emoticon when you need it!?) image

QN

Go to Early United States Coins - to order the New "Early United States Half Dollar Vol. 1 / 1794-1807" book or the 1st new Bust Quarter book!

• Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    There is an extra special spot in coin heaven reserved for you now image
  • Options
    QuarternutQuarternut Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭
    Found it!

Go to Early United States Coins - to order the New "Early United States Half Dollar Vol. 1 / 1794-1807" book or the 1st new Bust Quarter book!

• Options
    morgandollar1878morgandollar1878 Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>There is an extra special spot in coin heaven reserved for you now image >>

Instagram: nomad_numismatics
  • Options
    I wonder how much the guy had paid for the coin if he was willing to sell it for $20?
    Winner of the "You Suck!" award March 17, 2010 by LanLord, doh, 123cents and Bear.
  • Options
    My local guy- I tell him that I am cherry picking him... My guy has a set profit margin and that is what he operates under- If the coin is worth more I tell him or if it is a variety I tell him... He always laughs when I tell him that it is a variety or something... He then says "What does that mean? More money for me?" He is a good guy!

John
  • Options
    tydyetydye Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭
    It is a one ounce silver art bar. He pays 50 cents back of spot. It also came in a rather large lot.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I wonder how much the guy had paid for the coin if he was willing to sell it for $20? >>

Good point.
    The needle is in the haystack, somewhere.
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,547 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It is a one ounce silver art bar. He pays 50 cents back of spot. It also came in a rather large lot. >>

Gotta be the rare Coca Cola bar with Cola misspelled as Koala, and overstruck on an error train bar!!!!!!

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,547 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>And felt obligated to tell him that his $20 priced item was worth $500 or more. Thanks Mom >>

Long before your Mom said it, somebody Else said it: "Do unto others as you would have others do unto you!"

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's good to help a dealer out with a nice variety find every once in a while... do that a few times, and you'd be surprised at what they let you look at, and how little they care about most of the varieties you find, no matter how valuable.

You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • Options
    AuroraBorealisAuroraBorealis Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey there "tydye" don`t feel to bad...You know the old saying what goes around comes around...Never no he just may remember your good deed in future transactions...image

ABimage
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭

At least you'll go to heaven.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file