Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Smooth Morgan- Maybe a +

al410al410 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭✭
In hand this coin just looks so smooth, the luster is spectacular. One of my favorites.

Comments

• Options
    jmj3esqjmj3esq Posts: 5,421
    Looks nice for a MS63. Not a bad date either. Probably a good candidate for the PCGS SECURE PLUS service.
  • Options
    dohdoh Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭
    I like it better in the rattler holder personally.
    Positive BST transactions with: too many names to list! 36 at last count.
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I like it better in the rattler holder personally. >>

especially since the value in MS63+ or even MS64 isn't much higher than an MS63 to begin with. wouldn't justify the $65 fee if it were my coin. But it looks like a good one.
  • Options
    I agree with illini420, I actually think this coin is a lock for upgrade but I really like it and like it being in the old holder. But as has been said there is only about a 20% difference in price between a 63 and 64.
    AL
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    It's a $350 coin, even if it upgrades it's $450, and that is in the price guide not greysheet! Why would anyone spend $65 + $8 + postage to have it reholdered? I love the PCGS koolaid as much as anyone else. But, Geeze!

The new trend here with dealers is, if it's in a rattler they want double ask for the coin because it's a lock upgrade!! image
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    jmj3esqjmj3esq Posts: 5,421
    Believe me Marty I would not do it myself. I guaranty a lot of people will be sending in these kind sof koins just to get them in the new label. I wonder why we see so many very low valued coins in PCGS slabs. It makes no sence but someone is doing it.
  • Options
    Yeah I agree, noway I would send it in either, actually not because of the $65.00 fee but mainly because I like the coin as it is, now for selling it maybe It might benefit me to have a cac sticker or a + or maybe not. Some people pay more for a coin in OGH.
    AL
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    Looks like a nice coin for the grade but the price spread between a 63 and a 64 (not to mention a 63+) is about the same as it would cost to get the coin regraded with a + designation.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    A nice looking coin and a good candidate for upgrade.

However, the cost to profit ratio of 65/100 is not enough

to warrant the effort, especially when you add in the postage

and insurance.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like that coin just the way it is. Then again, I am not a grade or label chaser. It is a pretty Morgan. Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file