Home U.S. Coin Forum

New Ebay fees on April 1st.........Question, when

AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
does Ebay calculate the date? Is it when the auction ends (April 1st or after). Or do
they use when the auction started (April 1st or after)?
thanks,
bob
Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com

Comments

• dohdoh Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭
    Happy April Fool's Day
    Positive BST transactions with: too many names to list! 36 at last count.
  • sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    I just started noticing them on my auctions/BINs posted yesterday afternoon

free auction start if 99 cents or lower (9% seems awful steep for hosting a computer program and none of the grunt work involved)
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's a listing fee change, then I believe it is right when listed.
    if it is a final sale's fee, then I believe it is based on when it ends.

Happy to be wrong on this, as it has been awhile for me to list over a fee change, but that is how I interpret it.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I just started noticing them on my auctions/BINs posted yesterday afternoon

free auction start if 99 cents or lower (9% seems awful steep for hosting a computer program and none of the grunt work involved) >>

I'm happy to trash on a lot of the ebay stuff they do, but I do understand that it isn't just "hosting a computer program" as there is a lot of work done to keep the system up and do maintenance, as well as all the work that went into creating the system.

Regrettably, they, like many others, don't believe in letting something that works just "work". Everything has to always be in a state of flux. People's jobs are, literally, on the line, if they don't update and make changes. Many of those changes are quite unnecessary for most of us, but they do them anyway

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I figure that with about two hundred items listed over their changeover they will do it the way that makes them get the most of my money.image
  • I'd rather they fire their entirely useless "customer service" reps than raise fees.
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If it's a listing fee change, then I believe it is right when listed.
    if it is a final sale's fee, then I believe it is based on when it ends. >>

This is what I'm anticipating, BUT sellers who've called eBay have been told by the drones that items listed before the change will be charged the old, lower final value fees. I'm not holding my breath.

Russ, NCNE
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    PS: The new fee structure doesn't start April 1st. It started yesterday.

Russ, NCNE
  • LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>PS: The new fee structure doesn't start April 1st. It started yesterday.

Russ, NCNE >>

I'm glad to see that at least one other person noticed.

And a note to anyone that uses Turbo Lister be sure and update the program before listing any new items.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>PS: The new fee structure doesn't start April 1st. It started yesterday.

Russ, NCNE >>

I'm glad to see that at least one other person noticed.

And a note to anyone that uses Turbo Lister be sure and update the program before listing any new items. >>

Good point ... I recently downloaded about 11MB of changes.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file