Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Don Mattingly "The Simpsons" Residuals Check

It's been 18 years, and Donnie Baseball is still raking in big bucks. image
http://www.schulteauctions.com/site/bid/bidplace.asp?itemid=6166&loc=interstitialskip

Comments

• Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Link

Not worth the paper it was written on...Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    Can't believe Don actually went through the trouble of signing that check.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Can't believe Don actually went through the trouble of signing that check. >>

Bill ... I think he did it just to give someone his auto on a check ... take a close look and you will see that the check was never cashed!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231
    I wouldnt want my home address splashed out there like that....especially if I was semi famous.
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    divecchia,

Doesn't the URL I posted show up as a clickable link for you? It does for me.
  • Options
    minnesotahuskerminnesotahusker Posts: 642 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I wouldnt want my home address splashed out there like that....especially if I was semi famous. >>

I just "Google Earthed" his address...nice spread he's got there!!

• Options
    saucywombatsaucywombat Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭
    I heard one time that his farm featured the largest brick wall in NY.
    Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
    saucywombat@hotmail.com
  • Options
    gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231

<< <i>I heard one time that his farm featured the largest brick wall in NY. >>

A brick wall from Evansville, Indiana all the way to NY certainly would be in the running for the largest.image
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I heard one time that his farm featured the largest brick wall in NY. >>

The brick wall around his house in Indiana is no slouch either. It's about 1700 feet around.
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭✭
    Ray Schulte is Mattingly's agent
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    scashaggyscashaggy Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭
    Why even bother? Would he complain if he didn't receive his $0.61 check???
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Wow, it's been 18 years. Depressing.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>I wouldnt want my home address splashed out there like that....especially if I was semi famous. >>

With sites like StarTiger.Com, what's the difference? You can go there and get hundreds of thousands of addys. The same addy for Mattingly appears on that site along with about 5 others.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

<< <i>Why even bother? Would he complain if he didn't receive his $0.61 check??? >>

The union might
    Tom