Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Anyone consign with prewarcardcollector(Brent Huigens)?

Just wondering? His rates seem very reasonable and the realized prices are VERY good.

Comments

• Options
    OriolesOrioles Posts: 312 ✭✭✭
    I had him sell a mid-grade set of 1958 topps baseball a few years back and thought the experience was great. He described the set very accurately, gave great big scans of multiple cards. He sent money to me just as he laid out. I've purchased cards from him as well and have always found things to be great. You can probably do a search of archived messages here because he has been discussed before with very positive feedback.

Jim
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    I know someone who used to, but now they consign to Ron Burgundy. image
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    SOMSOM Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭
    I can vouch for not only his work, but I can also tell you that he is as straight-up a human being as there is in the hobby. He and I have met in person. I have consigned to him a pretty large item for his current auction; I have 100%, unwavering confidence in Brent and his work.

He is first class! You will be satisfied with him.

Nick
  • Options
    Never sold through him but as a buyer I can vouch for his service and professionalism. He's one of the good guys and on my list of preferred vendors -- many feel the same way and that gets better prices for sellers.
    Collecting HOF RC's in hockey, baseball, football and basketball. A fool's errand some have said.
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    I know someone who used to, but now they consign to Ron Burgundy.

Great on topic response, and certainly not meant to steal business from the consignor that is being asked about. Agenda much?

In actual response to the question being asked, I have not but know some who have used him. Prices were strong, service was great from what I was told. If I'm ever looking to unload a vintage set that's probably the route I'd go.
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    brent has sold a lot of vintage sets over the years...

how much does he charge for consignments or whatever?

RIP GURU
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    If this thread was titled "Anyone buy from Steve Hart" and Dave & Adam came on here and said "I know someone who used to, but now they buy from Dave & Adam", how would that be received?
  • Options
    leadoff4leadoff4 Posts: 2,392
    According to Brent's website he charges 12.5% for sets/large groups that sell in the $2000-$10,000 range. That fee includes eBay and Paypal fees according to the site. If that's true, that's a bargain IMO. Maybe he hasn't updated his fees since eBay did... not sure.
  • Options
    69Cubs69Cubs Posts: 150 ✭✭
    He's a great guy to deal with! Brent has sold my 1967 complete set , smaller lots, Ernie Banks RC and Nolan Ryan RC. He has tons of high quality scans with your auction and the service and consignment fee is the best around. You won't be disappointed.

Mike
  • Options
    i have bought several nice cards from him and been very pleased with the professionalism of the service. top notch.
  • Options
    PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    I've never consigned any items with Brent, but I can vouch for him as a top-notch seller.
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Lee, you're not doing this right. If you're going to stalk, at least make it about something substantive.

My reply was TIC. Anyone who's been on Ebay's card page - that's www.ebay.com if you haven't - knows of Mr. Huigens and that he runs good auctions.

But I do want to make a peace offering. I've got a sense of humor boxed up and ready to ship to you, for free. LMK where I should send it. TIA!
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    I just had a positive experience today concerning Brent. He currently has a PSA 9 '68 Topps fb wax pack on consignment on ebay. Based on his scan there appeared to be a noticeable tear in the wrapper. I emailed him regarding this tear and within 15 minutes he emailed me back and confirmed that there was indeed a very noticeable tear in the wrapper.

So based on my one experience with him I would say he is honest and is quick to communicate.
    "You tell 'em I'm coming...and hell's coming with me"--Wyatt Earp
  • Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭
    Funny you mention the 68 football packs. I asked that question and got this answer last Friday. I thought the 8 looked like it might have a tear but I could not tell for sure.

Here is his response:

No tears on any of the packs. The PSA 7 has a spot of minor wear on the upper left corner, but no tears.

I got a sweet GAI pack that I bought from him and have thought of adding another. But as I said before I just don't think I can buy PSA graded wax right now. Not sure
    why I even inquired except maybe to see if I could get cheap.

aconte
  • Options
    Aconte, Brents' response is quite odd. It is very obvious from the pictures that the PSA 8 pack has a tear at the top edge--how could he miss that?

As it turns out he also answered my questions regarding the PSA 7 & 8 packs. He said the PSA 8 pack does have a tear at the top edge and that two corners on the PSA 7 pack have splits at the point of the folds. So all three packs have easily seen tears.
    "You tell 'em I'm coming...and hell's coming with me"--Wyatt Earp
  • Options
    UlyssesExtravaganzaUlyssesExtravaganza Posts: 478 ✭✭✭✭
    What's the best way to get in contact with Brent? Directly throught eBay? This was a pretty good advertisement for him. Thanks.
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>What's the best way to get in contact with Brent? Directly throught eBay? This was a pretty good advertisement for him. Thanks. >>

pwccauctions@yahoo.com
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    and make sure you pronounce his last name correctly

it is HUGE-ONES...as in his realized prices
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    I've purchased a number of cards from him. He provides some of the best scans I've seen on eBay, so I always know what I'm buying. Always very prompt and professional in his shipping and fulfillment.

• Options
    UlyssesExtravaganzaUlyssesExtravaganza Posts: 478 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks all. When I see his auctions, I usually want to bid so I agree he presents it well.
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    I have been very happy with Brent's work for a number of years.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have bought from, and consigned to Brent, and he is as good as it gets no matter which side of the fence you're standing on.
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    TIC ?

TIA ?

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>TIC ? >>

- Tongue in cheek.

<< <i>TIA ? >>

- Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>TIC ? >>

- Tongue in cheek.

<< <i>TIA ? >>