Home U.S. Coin Forum

Are You A Chatroom Weenie?

CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
A certain forum ex-member has lately been referring to "chat room weenies."

Coinoasaurus, for one, would not want to fall into such disgraced company.

What are the heretofore unspoken rules, for NOT becoming a "chat room weenie?"

Comments

• AhrensdadAhrensdad Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭

<< <i>A certain forum ex-member has lately been referring to "chat room weenies."

What are the heretofore unspoken rules, for NOT becoming a "chat room weenie?" >>

Too lateimage
    Successful BST Transactions with: WTCG, Ikenefic, Twincam, InternetJunky, bestday, 1twobits, Geoman x4, Blackhawk, Robb, nederveit, mesquite, sinin1, CommemDude, Gerard, sebrown, Guitarwes, Commoncents05, tychojoe, adriana, SeaEagleCoins, ndgoflo, stone, vikingdude, golfer72, kameo, Scotty1418, Tdec1000, Sportsmoderator1 and many others.

Please visit my website Millcitynumismatics.com
  • lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,885 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're all chatroom weenies. Face it. And Laura is a blogging weenette.

"Getting rid of a delusion makes us wiser than getting hold of a truth."
    Lance.
  • RebelRonRebelRon Posts: 544 ✭✭
    YUP!
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes and proud of it. Beats being a bitter coin dealer. Long live the CU Forums!!!image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• RYKRYK Posts: 35,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • bidaskbidask Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course I am a chatroom weenie.

I am also a coin dealer wannabe.....

I am also a coin dealer groupie.

You should have seen and heard the introductions of coin illuminaries in the room by Scott Travers right before the big one annouincement. I gave a big round of appause to all of them.

Compared to the coin gods I am absolutely a weenie and proud to be labeled a so.

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• 123cents123cents Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭
    Absolutely!image
  • dsessomdsessom Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely! I practically live on these forums. If I ever get banned, I may have to be committed. image

(to the tune of the Oscar Mayer Wiener Song)

ohhhh....

I am proud to be a chatroom weenie

That is what I really like to be..e..e..e

It's because I am a chatroom weenie

That my widgets and dreck are leg-en-dar-y...

Re: Slabbed coins - There are some coins that LIVE within clear plastic and wear their labels with pride... while there are others that HIDE behind scratched plastic and are simply dragged along by a label. Then there are those coins that simply hang out, naked and free image
  • LoveMyLibertyLoveMyLiberty Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭
    Actually I'm more of a "Chat Room Knockwurst", but she's a
    wannabe chat room weenie!
    My Type Set

R.I.P. Bear image
  • LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually I'm more of a "Chat Room Knockwurst"

image I could handle being a knockwurst wannabe. image

You should have seen and heard the introductions of coin illuminaries in the room by Scott Travers

Business is business - you suck up to the rich clients and make them feel good. The people you have no use for, you tread on. I tend to admire the "deep wells" in any forum, no matter their socioeconomic status, the people with expert knowledge who are willing to share with the rest of us.
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • RB1026RB1026 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭✭
    Naaaaaah......I'm not a "Chatroom Weenie"..........just a connoisseur of DRECK!! image

Roger
  • ArtistArtist Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭

<< <i>A certain forum ex-member has lately been referring to "chat room weenies."

What are the heretofore unspoken rules, for NOT becoming a "chat room weenie?" >>

Have you been reading Legend's Hot Topics page again?
  • I know of one or our members who has hidden behind his computer and sent otu threats wishing for death to a memeber; physical harm to their family; and other unmentionable actions...

Please do not be fooled- There are plenty here who act a part but are completely different people.

John
  • lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,885 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I know of one or our members who has hidden behind his computer and sent otu threats wishing for death to a memeber; physical harm to their family; and other unmentionable actions...

Please do not be fooled- There are plenty here who act a part but are completely different people.

John >>

image What?
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The worst thing, to me at least, in this hobby, are the egos.
    I used to think athletes and "celebrities" had the worst egos, and their egos aren't good, but they, at least, have something more to back things up with.
    The egos in this hobby are sometimes sickening.

Some folks in this hobby like nothing better to do than to tout themselves and belittle others (and, I don't refer just to the one who used "chat room weenies". There are folks still on these forums, banned, on other forums, etc, that like nothing better than to make it seem like they know all the answers and if you don't agree then they try to beat you down.

Would be nice if broad brushes were to stop being used by our numismatic "illuminati" and they learned to just let different levels of the hobby live without being insulting to them.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

<< <i>I know of one or our members who has hidden behind his computer and sent otu threats wishing for death to a memeber; physical harm to their family; and other unmentionable actions...

John >>

These must have been PM's or we would have seen them. Did you report him to the mods for immediate removal?

• MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,892 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A certain forum ex-member has lately been referring to "chat room weenies."

Imagine how that must sound to clients and potential clients that know nothing of this forum.
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    Not sure

Imagine how that must sound to clients and potential clients that know nothing of this forum. >>

Most people wouldn't think that it reflects well on the person making the disparaging remark.

• I am no "weenie"; I am an egg head number cruntcher.image
  • crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thiiinnnkkk I aaaammmm OH NO!!!!!image
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • MidLifeCrisisMidLifeCrisis Posts: 10,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't matter if I think I am not...

It only matters if you think I am.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who frikken cares? Cheers, RickO
    I just checked the chatroom... no weenies in there.... not even any wankers... image Cheers, RickO
  • notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭
    Depends on what type of weenie you're talking about....
  • Even though her chatroom banter is unacceptable, her advertising dollars are greatly appreciated here. There are of course those that are respected and admired that would be blanketed using that same “weenie” reference. This is a freedom we all enjoy and many have fought for, so by all means speak freely!
    OLDER IS BETTER
  • I like posting forums... Do not partake in chatrooms...

I am WYSIWYG- Computer Jargon- What you see is what you get....

John
  • COALPORTERCOALPORTER Posts: 2,900 ✭✭
    "Where is the Weenie ?" - That is what my highschool coach said when I needed to get my azz in the game- hehehehe image
  • BillyKingsleyBillyKingsley Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭✭
    Technically this is a message board and not a chatroom. I'm not a fan of chatrooms but I will frequent a few on occasion. Message boards I think are a lot more fun.

I would guess Laura doesn't know who I am, what with my status in the hobby, so I would guess no image
    Billy Kingsley ANA R-3146356 Cardboard History // Numismatic History
  • BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    I wanna be a coin weenie.image
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I'm just a normal weenie.
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,823 ✭✭✭✭✭

"If you hit a midget on the head with a stick, he turns into 40 gold coins." - Patty Oswalt
  • tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

....hmmmm, is that anything like a ball park frank? image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    aren't we all?

I'm jealous of her coin inventory

She's jealous of OUR ability to post hereimage
  • dirtybirddirtybird Posts: 223 ✭✭
    There are worse things than being a chatroom weenie image
  • kazkaz Posts: 9,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>image
    image >>

Where do you FIND this stuff?? Toooo freakin' funny!image
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    MsMorrisine, have you been to Weenie Hut Jr's? image

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

Just checked again... no one in the chat room.... Never see anyone there....just a big, empty room... echoing the silence. Cheers, RickO
  • GemineyeGemineye Posts: 5,374
    ..................image.......................
    ......Larry........image
  • BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Actually I'm more of a "Chat Room Knockwurst" >>

imageimage
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    I bet RYK will recognize this:

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope - I'm a Chatroom Dork. image
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • goodmoney4badmoneygoodmoney4badmoney Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭✭
    I prefer "chatroom chimp" that she's said before. image
  • LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What are the heretofore unspoken rules, for NOT becoming a "chat room weenie?" >>

keeping one's daily post count to < 1.0 per day? my current rating. 7.6 ppd and proud of it!?

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• gonzergonzer Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    100% beef weenie. All killer, no filler! But no chat room wiener.
  • Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,547 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dont know - my thoughts are my own.
    So Cali Area - Coins & Currency

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file