Home Sports Talk
Options

UFC 111...GSP v. Hardy

Rewatching the Hardy/Davis fight recently, I was particularly surprised by how easy Marcus was able to take Dan down repeatedly. Thats gonna be a HUGE problem tonight for Hardy as GSP's wrestling is light years ahead of Marcus Davis' and quite possibly on par with Olympic calibur wrestling. This and speed will be the difference in tonight's main event. Look for GSP to stay out of trouble on the feet in what he will try to minimize as a sparring session. Georges is not a dumb fighter, and wont be trying to "make a point" by brawling with the excellent striker Hardy. GSP will gain dominant position several times throughout the fight and eventually break Hardy's will , if not his face, with devastating elbows from side control. I cant see this fight going any other way!

Comments

• Options
    CubsFan41CubsFan41 Posts: 513 ✭✭
    I agree with you. However, they all have a punchers chance. And it's happened before. So it should be a fun watch.
    Looking for Cello packs with Bill Buckner on top
  • Options
    gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231
    Would have preferred to see GSP finish the fight, but that might have been one of the most dominating performances of his career! At no point during the 25 minute event did Hardy have Georges in trouble at all. Take down after take down was the order of the day.
  • Options
    goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

Anybody notice the blowoutcards logo on some of the shorts?
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8