Home Precious Metals
Options

Kids and gold

CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
We had two ladies in this afternoon looking at our antiquities department, and one of them had her 10-year-old daughter with her. As they were leaving they walked past my desk, and say that I was working on some gold bars.

The mother pointed them out to the daughter, so I said to the girl come around to the side of my desk. I held a tray out and told her to put her hand out over the tray. When she did, I dropped a kilo into her palm from a height of about three inches.

Gawd, you should have seen the look on her face!!! Her mom got a picture of it to show her father!

LOL!

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.

Comments

• Options
    bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭
    Heh, I'd have the same look!! Just not as cute. image
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • Options
    gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231
    How is her reaction any different than any one of us? We all woulda had that gleam in our eyes!
  • Options
    RobbRobb Posts: 2,034
    You wouldn't have seen the gleam in my eyes but the hairs on the back of my head. image
    imageRIP
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,446 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think her reaction had more to do with the heavy weight of the bar in such a small bar. Most people just don't realize how heavy gold is.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.