Home Precious Metals

BST protocol

Another BST related hypothetical for you guys to ponder.

Lets say you see an item and you email the seller stating that you'll take it at his price and request how he wants the funds. He replies and states that another member "has beat you by a few minutes and is deciding if he wants it....im waiting for his reply".

Would this tick you off at all? There are 2 phrases that come to mind here. One involves defecating and a pot. The other involves talking money and walking excrement.

Comments

• bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭
    I'd be upset but I'd get over with it and look for something else. I'm also pretty mellow though so things like this don't usually get to me.
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • RobbRobb Posts: 2,034
    Sounds like there may have been an offer and a counter-offer and/or trade proposal. I wouldn't mind so long as we're not talking about waiting days.
    imageRIP
  • secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    It's no different than you seeing a coin at a show for sale with a price sticker on it, sitting under glass, while at the same time the dealer and another customer are negotiating over a price. You've got to wait your turn.
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • gotta wait in
    "If you hit a midget on the head with a stick, he turns into 40 gold coins." - Patty Oswalt
  • bstat1020bstat1020 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭

<< <i>It's no different than you seeing a coin at a show for sale with a price sticker on it, sitting under glass, while at the same time the dealer and another customer are negotiating over a price. You've got to wait your turn. >>

I agree, wait your turn.
  • gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    First come first served. Wait your turnimage
    Avid collector of GSA's.