Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins

Krause help pls

Portugal, 1930 20 centavos KM573 - Y40 in unc and BU if priced at Krause? Are there any varieties of that date? What should be a reasonable or even high end price for a 65RB or a 65RD?
Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3

Comments

• spoonspoon Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭
    Hey D,
    KM 573 is 10 centavos, there was no 20c for 1930. Here's Krause 2010:

Who knows what reasonable is for that! But I imagine that demand can't be too terribly strong at that level to send it into true moon money territory.. but who knows

Edit to add for curiosity sake, in my 1993 Krause that one was $50 in UNC image
  • ajaanajaan Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah! 10c, that's why I couldn't find it. image

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • truthtellertruthteller Posts: 1,240 ✭✭
    I would be careful buying better dates at those numbers. For example, better Spain in high grade UNC and BU 20th century often trades for 20-25% of catalog. Mexico Modern states often trade at 40% of catalog for rare dates.

TRUTH
  • SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Hey D,
    KM 573 is 10 centavos, there was no 20c for 1930. Here's Krause 2010:

Who knows what reasonable is for that! But I imagine that demand can't be too terribly strong at that level to send it into true moon money territory.. but who knows

Edit to add for curiosity sake, in my 1993 Krause that one was $50 in UNC image >>

Thank you Eric. So it's $550 in unc. image Why such a huge value compared to the others? The mintage, although smaller seems hard to justify such a difference.
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭
    How much is the Cape Verde 10c from 1930 please?

If mintage available it would be helpful too.
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • BailathaclBailathacl Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭
    The uneven typefaces for that entire year doesn't exactly inspire confidence, does it? Looks like one typo after another.
    "The Internet? Is that thing still around??" - Homer Simpson