Home Metal Detecting
Options

I bought my son a Tesaro...

ormandhormandh Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭
yesterday and bought myself a new Garrett Ace 250. I took my son to Ocean Grove, NJ Beach today and he actually found a white gold diamond ring! I found nothing! Go figure! I know that it is beginner's luck, but what a feat! I am so proud of him and will be taking a picture of it and will be sending it to Tesaro next week! He is hooked even though he cannot carry the detector for so long. He is only six and barely 55 lbs. I am so proud of him! Besides, it is a nice reason to do the father and son outings, metal detecting that is! I will post pics of the find soon! -Dan

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great story Dan and congratulations to your son. What a great find. Likely paid for the detector. Look forward to the pictures. Check your PM. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tesoros are good machines, and many of our local relic hunters down here swear by 'em.

Sounds like your son has an early start and a bright future in the hobby. Six years old and found a gold and diamond ring?

All I can say is WOW. That is pretty amazing.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.