Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Thanks to SeaEagleCoins (and blu62vette for the pictures)

tydyetydye Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭
Managed to meet Larry last week for the first time. We have done numerous trades over the years through this forum. But this was to be our first face to face encounter. About an hour later I was 2 blue boxes lighter. I got a single CBH in return. To non-CBH collectors it is just a $150 coin. But to me it is now the pride of my CBH collection. Thank you Larry for working with me on this piece.

Photos were done by blu62vette at the Baltimore show. I had him do a few other of my favorites. I think they came out great!

The SCD are my wife's. She collects these and Conders. The Jamestown was picked off ebay raw. And the Washington was a flea market find

Picked up the dime last year. Bought it from my local guy. Love the die cracks on it. Working on a set of 1853s with all the different arrow positions

Purchased the 14 E/A about 3 years ago from Dick Osborne. Originally in an old ANACS holder.
This is one of my favorite CBH. To me it represents everything cool about the series - Variety, die cracks, clashes

This is the coin that brought me back into collecting about 15 years ago. $500 flea market find.

Yes I admit I do like Jeffersons

Comments

• Options
    drddmdrddm Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow Mike, you bought it, CONGRATS!!!!

That 1827 0-148 is a beautiful and RARE CBH....awesome, just awesome!!!

• Options
    FlatwoodsFlatwoods Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice looking coins.
    Sort of eclectic. Reminds me of me.
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice! Larry is a true class act!

And which flea market do you shop at!????!?!???
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very attractive coins with excellent images-

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    drddmdrddm Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI to all the non-CBH collectors who read this, that 1827 O-148 happens to be an R6+ CBH, which means that there is an estimated 13-30 survivors known to exist and it's more toward the 13 than the 30.

Larry is a great guy for selling this one to you, CONGRATS again.

That 1827 would sure be the centerpiece of my collection if I owned it!!!!

Display that one proudly and over and over and over!!!!
  • Options
    breakdownbreakdown Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of nice coins but that flea market dollar is unbelievable! Todd was sure busy at Baltimore (great images).

"Look up, old boy, and see what you get." -William Bonney.

• Options
    Thank you, Mike... and you are very welcome!!! image

I am so glad that this coin found a "forever" home with you... enjoy it, my friend...

...and those pics are great!!!

Those other pieces ain't too shabby either...

I REALLY wanted to pry that 1795 away from you... but considering the story of how you acquired it AND what it means to you, I'm glad I didn't try to "strong arm" it away ... image

Your son might have hurt me if I did try... image
    Re: Slabbed coins - There are some coins that LIVE within clear plastic and wear their labels with pride... while there are others that HIDE behind scratched plastic and are simply dragged along by a label. Then there are those coins that simply hang out, naked and free image
  • Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice grouping of coins....I can appreciate the scarcity of the bust half, but that '95 dollar is sweet to behold!
    I agree that Larry is a true class act, and I hope to meet him in person one day also.
    Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a pretty Jefferson. It is hard to find nice toning on non war nickels.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of those coins are superb, and the images are perfection! Great thread and and a good read.
  • Options
    rld14rld14 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭
    I saw the coin when Larry had it, it's really beautiful and I think that Todd did a great job imaging it as well.

Congrats on the purchase, it's good to see that the coin has a great home image
    Bear's "Growl of Approval" award 10/09 & 3/10 | "YOU SUCK" - PonyExpress8|"F the doctors!" - homerunhall | I hate my car
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BEAUTIFUL collection Mike......Thank you for sharing. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,885 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Truly inspiring.
    I can just echo the others, Great Collection!
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fantastic pictures... and some excellent coins as well. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    PonyExpress8PonyExpress8 Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭
    Congtratulations on our new acquisition. Larry is a great guy and you added a very rare variety. Nice group of other pieces as well.
    The End of the Line in the West.

Website-Americana Rare Coin Inc
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Truly wonderful pieces and the Sesqui SCD is amazing.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    anablepanablep Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fantastic pictures of some beautiful coins & medals...

Congrats!
    Always looking for attractive rim toned Morgan and Peace dollars in PCGS or (older) ANA/ANACS holders!

"Bongo hurtles along the rain soaked highway of life on underinflated bald retread tires."

~Wayne
  • Options
    mustanggtmustanggt Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice coins, thanks for sharing image
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    you suck - YOU SUCK - YOU SUCK!!!
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    tydyetydye Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replys. This piece has really motivated me to really go after the overton series. Picked up 15 more CBH this past weekend.
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, that 1827 is a rarity, nicely done. All pieces and pictures are awesome

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    bestclser1bestclser1 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    Nice coins,great pics,terrific combo platter!image
    Great coins are not cheap,and cheap coins are not great!
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice pieces, pics aren't bad either.
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file