Home Precious Metals
Options

How the H*LL is Pd still being ignored?

Top 5 posts all mention gold blah blah silver blah blah zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Why is noone raving on Pd?

http://www.thestreet.com/story/10696430/1/palladium-rides-high-on-auto-recovery.html?cm_ven=GOOGLEFI#

"Palladium is set to generate strong investment returns during 2010, driven both by its use as a precious metal and as a replacement for platinum in automobile manufacturing".
Singapore & Hong Kong March/April
Hong kong/Long Beach JUNE Table #838
MACAU
emgworldwide@gmail.com
Cell: 512.808.3197
EMERGING MARKET GROUP
PCGS, NGC, CCE & NCS, CGC, PSA, Auth. Dealer

Comments

• Options
    Don't have an answer, but I agree it is undervalued.
  • Options
    PD?????? what is that???? image
    "When someone tells you nothing is impossible, ask them to dribble a football"

MANY positive BST Transactions
  • Options
    dbcoindbcoin Posts: 2,200 ✭✭
    If you want to invest in the auto industry recovery, buy Ford, not Pd

I've invested in Pd in the past and have been disappointed. Silver would make more sense as an improving economy bodes well for silver. An improving economy does not imply more car sales though.
  • Options
    PreTurbPreTurb Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭
    Because the time to buy it was a year ago. It's very difficult (for me at least) to plunk down $450 an ounce when I could have had it for half that price a while ago. I know that may not be logical or make sense, it's an emotional reaction.

• Options
    bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Because the time to buy it was a year ago. It's very difficult (for me at least) to plunk down $450 an ounce when I could have had it for half that price a while ago. I know that may not be logical or make sense, it's an emotional reaction. >>

I agree TOTALLY with this. Plus, it's not widely known. Everyone knows what gold and silver are. Quite a few know what platinum is as well. But very few know what palladium is used for. I'd still like to buy some as I believe it will be very nice long term, but I find myself thinking, "1oz Pd or 20oz silver?" Guess which one always wins?
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    I just bought 10 ounces, but most of my holdings are in 999 silver.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If you want to invest in the auto industry recovery, buy Ford, not Pd

I've invested in Pd in the past and have been disappointed. Silver would make more sense as an improving economy bodes well for silver. An improving economy does not imply more car sales though. >>

Your market timing unfortunately was wrong. The time to have purchased these bars was when they were below $300 ( 11/08 - 2/09 )and not when they were "hyped up" at above $550.00 - $600 per oz. Contrary to you, I've done very well with Pd over the last 18 month, as a matter of fact, much better then I did in Silver or Gold.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>If you want to invest in the auto industry recovery, buy Ford, not Pd

I've invested in Pd in the past and have been disappointed. Silver would make more sense as an improving economy bodes well for silver. An improving economy does not imply more car sales though. >>

Your market timing unfortunately was wrong. The time to have purchased these bars was when they were below $300 ( 11/08 - 2/09 )and not when they were "hyped up" at above $550.00 - $600 per oz. Contrary to you, I've done very well with Pd over the last 18 month, as a matter of fact, much better then I did in Silver or Gold. >>

Exactly!

Again this past weekend, Not one sale on plat or Pd LOL

but lots of gold & silver
    MACAU
    emgworldwide@gmail.com
    EMERGING MARKET GROUP
  • Options
    At the refinery we see very little Pd. As you said it is majority gold, secondarily silver, third Pt and finally Pd in drips and dribbles. What about Rhodium though? Is anyone coming by any Rh? The value of it is through the roof!!!
    www.RMCtwo.com
    786-270-2483
  • Options

<< <i>At the refinery we see very little Pd. As you said it is majority gold, secondarily silver, third Pt and finally Pd in drips and dribbles. What about Rhodium though? Is anyone coming by any Rh? The value of it is through the roof!!! >>

The value of Rh was through the roof when it touched $10,000 per oz, but it's been "marking time" at around $2500. Much upside potential, if you can afford it.
  • Options
    sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    those metals are not very liquid

when you buy that stuff - see how much you can get for selling it right now

is the buy/sell spread less than 10%, 1%, .5% , .1% ?
  • Options

<< <i>those metals are not very liquid

when you buy that stuff - see how much you can get for selling it right now

is the buy/sell spread less than 10%, 1%, .5% , .1% ? >>

My guess...closer to 5% if you sell to a dealer. No idea what the spread is when selling directly to a refinery. eBay usually at "ask" or slightly higher, but then you have the fees to content with.
  • Options
    Thinking of selling some Pd right now. Plat & Pd seem to be melting up along with stocks.

What you guys think? sell some right here?
    MACAU
    emgworldwide@gmail.com
    EMERGING MARKET GROUP
  • Options

<< <i>Thinking of selling some Pd right now. Plat & Pd seem to be melting up along with stocks.

What you guys think? sell some right here? >>

You will never go broke by taking a profit .. btw your eBay Link...she no woiky.
  • Options
    hammered54hammered54 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭

did'nt the Stone's play there ?image
    Successful Transactions.
    Barrytrot(2),Stupid,Savoyspecial,docq,ecoinquest, halfhunter,snman,Coll3ctor.
    wondercoin. Blue594. internetjunky.
    keepdachange. Scrapman1077.Ahrensdad, mrmom, mygrandeoso, blu62vette, Clackamas,giorgio11, adriana, cucamongacoin,
  • Options
    sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    interesting charts

• Options

<< <i>interesting charts

image >>

hhmmmm now i get a sense on why it is ignored by the retail public. Looks a little toppy
    MACAU
    emgworldwide@gmail.com
    EMERGING MARKET GROUP
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,209 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Note that Palladium is the only precious metal that has actually put in a new 52 week high in the face of a stronger dollar."

The Stealth Palladium Bull

Also, I'm seeing a near term pullback to $450, a great entry point.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options

<< <i>"Note that Palladium is the only precious metal that has actually put in a new 52 week highs in the face of a stronger dollar."

The Stealth Palladium Bull

Also, I'm seeing a near term pullback to $450, a great entry point. >>

Thanx for that article
    MACAU
    emgworldwide@gmail.com
    EMERGING MARKET GROUP
  • Options
    tydyetydye Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭
    I was a big fan of it about 6 months back. But then I realized how hard it was to sell outside of ebay or a larger show. The local guys wanted no part of it. Never had trouble selling silver or gold
  • Options

<< <i>I was a big fan of it about 6 months back. But then I realized how hard it was to sell outside of ebay or a larger show. The local guys wanted no part of it. Never had trouble selling silver or gold >>

As much as I hate paper metals, the best way to play paladium is the Kitco.com pool account. You never take possession and can buy, sell 24/7. Their pool accounts are the best paper plays available for short term ins and outs.

Kitco Pool Acct Info

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I was a big fan of it about 6 months back. But then I realized how hard it was to sell outside of ebay or a larger show. The local guys wanted no part of it. Never had trouble selling silver or gold >>

As much as I hate paper metals, the best way to play paladium is the Kitco.com pool account. You never take possession and can buy, sell 24/7. Their pool accounts are the best paper plays available for short term ins and outs.

Kitco Pool Acct Info >>

APMEX will buy them also.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Kitco Pool Acct Info >>

APMEX will buy them also. >>

No transfer of physical metal with the pool account. No mail delays and no shipping expenses.

• Options
    I'm still holdin!

Come on $500

MACAU
    emgworldwide@gmail.com
    EMERGING MARKET GROUP
  • Options

<< <i>Top 5 posts all mention gold blah blah silver blah blah zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Why is noone raving on Pd?

http://www.thestreet.com/story/10696430/1/palladium-rides-high-on-auto-recovery.html?cm_ven=GOOGLEFI#

"Palladium is set to generate strong investment returns during 2010, driven both by its use as a precious metal and as a replacement for platinum in automobile manufacturing". >>

Someone recently invested in Pd when he/she stole a friends catalytic converter. Wow. image
  • Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is also a palladium ETF now.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Still stackin' the physical. I simply don't see any downside.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options

<< <i>I'm still holdin!

Come on $500 >>

New Highs

MACAU
    emgworldwide@gmail.com
    EMERGING MARKET GROUP
  • Options
    Welllll ........ IMHBAO,

This is the metal of the future ........ and I am stashing some away. image

Keep on Stack'n!!
    Silver Baron
    Silver is the mortar that binds the bricks of loyalty.