Home Metal Detecting
Options

Permission granted! Green light! Maybe another dig on Sunday- just regained permission on a great s

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,213 ✭✭✭✭✭
On Sunday I have permission to return to an old house site that was very good to me when I hunted it twice in 1999. There were plenty of older coins (including some nice silver) found at the time. I'll leave it at that, except to say I'm very optimistic. I doubt I even "scratched the surface" back then, and I have a more advanced metal detector now. I'd put my odds of finding old coins and/or silver fairly high. Of course there are never any guarantees in this game.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, one thing is guaranteed LordM...... If you DON'T go, you are sure to find nothing...image Good luck, may you find copious quantities of old silver. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    laserartlaserart Posts: 2,255
    and just think, everything is now 11 years older.
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options
    Great news!

I can't wait to read your results. That reminds me, I need to make a telephone call to a fellow that has a large amount of land on an old town site.

Keep us up to date, Rob.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,514 ✭✭✭✭✭
    good luck and happy hunting with that one lordm. keep us posted and by all means hit the mother load image
  • Options
    laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    Sharpen those skills for the England Trip!image
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
    is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato