Home Metal Detecting
Options

Going back east in June

BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
Gonna go visit some family I haven't seen in about 40 years.
Asked my uncle (Mass.) if his yard had ever been MD'ed. He said "no, but there have been indian arrow tips found before".

So, I will take my MD out there and hope I don't trash his yard too much image

The wife's uncle is also in the area there and I think he had an acre or two of yard......hope he doesn't mind image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ohheckyeah. Massachusetts? Virgin yard where arrowheads have been found? Ohheckyeah.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great opportunity Ron.... On the MD forums I am part of, several guys have yearly contests over finding large coppers (Conn., Mass.). They have found some nice ones. The weather will be great in the Northeast at that time. I am in NYS... just a couple hundred miles away. Good luck in your search. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Thanks. I'm a bit stoked and hope to have a day, or at least a couple hours on multiple days, to dig up the relatives' yards image
    Wish I had more experience. I got tired of digging through rock in my yard and area and have only tried it in Hawaii after that, on the beach in Maui

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    Btw...Rob, if I found one of those, in that kind of condition (or, basically any condition), I would be ECSTATIC!!!

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'd be ecstatic? I'd be dead.

If I found one of those, I'd keel over on the spot.

Would die a happy man, though. image

It happens, you know. I don't know of any in that grade that have been dug, but I have heard of them being dug. More than once.

I remember this one story I read about a guy who was a novice detectorist and didn't really know all that much about coins, either. He dug a New England threepence and thought it was a piece of "play money". (Which is perhaps understandable when you consider how primitive those were.)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm from the CT area and have gotton some good stuff. Happy Hunting image
  • Options
    Thanks image

Both my uncle, and my wife's uncle who lives in the same area, have said it is ok to MD their yards. I think my uncle said his house is 100+ years old and I think he has been in it for 40+ years.
    Her uncle said "have fun with all the junk" image Not sure what to expect in his yard