2»

Comments

• Options
    WOW imageimage No Balls No Gain
    Love The Hobby
  • Options
    TheRegulatorTheRegulator Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭
    Barndog wins.

And how cool is it that the CC-1 coin for the variety was picked raw from eBay? So much cooler than well-known and pedigreed coin that only required money and opportunity to acquire.

Looks like a beautiful coin. Nice job, Barndog. image
    The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. -Thomas Jefferson
  • Options
    Great pickup.Better outcome.Sent in a batch of coins including some raw morgans recently ATS.The 80S graded at MS 66 and it is a VAM-11 80/9 S.Paid $29.00 + grading fees. I almost sold that coin for a $49 start price before sending it in.No bids.PCGS priceguide has $950.It's not PCGS though.Funny thing.Just in the last couple of weeks the pcgs pop on this coin doubled.
    And 2nd a really nice Green,blue red Obverse rainbow graded 64 STAR. I didn't think it was possible to find a raw MS66 coin on Ebay anymore(other than modern). I think this one cost about $35.00+grading fees.

Just so's ya know.I don't expect this VAM-11 80S to get anywhere near PCGS price guide price. I think the highest paid was in the $500.00 range.Another sold at auction recently for $460.00. I'd be happy with anything between those numbers.
  • Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭
    very very nice.

--Jerry
  • Options
    DUIGUYDUIGUY Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>You got lucky. Just remember that a broken clock is only right twice a day. >>

it's not luck when some people do it. >>

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

“A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly."

- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 BC
  • Options
    BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭

<< <i>would you have the link? >>

lol, Realone is trying to sneak in the backdoor!----------------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    Its not that buying raw on eBay is necessarily a terrible thing, but you have to do so with education and knowing that you could get screwed (and adjust bids downward accordingly).

You could wind up with junk a couple of times, but if on that third time you hit a home run, you're probably still ahead in the long run if you know what you're doing.
  • Options
    BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    If you are an expert in die varieties and combinations, how could you not buy it? No risk at all even if the coin was cleaned------------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>if you really know what you're doing, it's a great place to buy raw. >>

"Truer words have never been spoken." Applies not only to coins, but most everything else "collectible." The "educated collector" does quite well with his ebay purchases.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    As soon as I saw the title of the thread, I knew it was a Barndog post. Nice looking tiny coin.
  • Options
    gyocomgdgyocomgd Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭
    Nice going, Barndog. That's a killer purchase!
  • Options
    Super score! Congrats.
    Save $$$ on many purchases to include EBAY and EBay Stores.

Big Crumbs Link

Mr Rebates Link

EBates Link

Chucknra@yahoo.com
  • Options
    MesquiteMesquite Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭
    Great score - absolutely stunning coin. Congrats!
    There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
    –John Adams, 1826

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file