Home Metal Detecting
Options

Why am I dancing by meself here?

Odds are someone is nearby, in the ether just off the vaporous block of PCGS and infinity, a fixture in the Internet.

So you figure someone would post in the last 2-3 days.

"Nawp", (turn head and spit) "no one..."

(Look side ways and squint)

"Varmints!"

(Exit left)image
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato

Comments

• Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭
    Once Spring hits, you'll be seeing more posts. I plan to get out tomorrow for an hour, so I'll post my finds (may not be much depending on the ground conditions).

HH!
  • Options
    Rickc300Rickc300 Posts: 876 ✭✭
    I got out for a couple of hours today laurentyvan, 7 quarters (1.75) 5 nickels (one was an eyeball find in the parking lot, complete with lots of road damage) for a total of another .25 cents, 8 pennies (.08) and no dimes... All of this is modern stuff except for a 1905 Indian Head cent that was just under the grass and way to clean and nice to be there from that era. Maybe a kid, child collector lost it here in the park after buying it for his/her collection??? This was a huge number of nickels found (for me) and a very low number of pennies found compared to the rest of the coins found for the day. I am still puzzeled by the no dimes part of the day... I ALWAYS (except for today) find more dimes than nickels!

Hey! spring is (almost) here... Let's all get out there and find something!

Rick HH!!!
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Freedom is a well armed lamb contesting that vote. Benjamin Franklin - 1779

1836 Capped Liberty
    dime. My oldest US
    detecting find so far.
    I dig almost every
    signal I get for the most
    part. Go figure...
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You never know, Rick- sometimes old coins come out of the dirt nice and clean and surprisingly shallow. But I know what you mean- there have been times I have found old coins that were so shallow and so clean (like a nondug coin in a dealer's case) that I couldn't help but wonder if they'd been recently lost.

I got out yesterday, but it was a fossil hunt and not a detector outing. Story has been posted, now.

Laurent- you'll probably find this place more active once the northerners and midwesterners and other snowed-in folks get themselves some nice spring weather. Being in the Deep South, my dig season kind of runs opposite to theirs- I prefer the cooler weather and either stay indoors or switch to night hunting once summer comes around.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weather is improving up here in the Catskills, lower 50's yesterday. Snow mostly gone, frost still in ground, but will be fading fast. Almost time to hit the woods to look for caches. I do not report much in the way of finds since most is trash. Then, if I were to find a major cache, I will surely not broadcast it - for obvious reasons. However, the occasional IHC does show up. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    Any time I go detecting around here it's all trash.

Immigrant neighborhoods around the turn of the century had burn pits in the backyard for the trash. Obviously they discontinued that
    decades ago but the detritus seems to have spread.

As a matter of fact the only coin I ever found on my property was a Liberty Head nickel that my son called the fire coin because we found it
    in a covered over old burn pit. And it was burned and pitted! But it was also a fond memory.

I love the beaches though-too bad I don't live close to any.
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
    is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato
  • Options
    Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    Better stop or you'll go blindimage
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • Options
    i became the new curator for our club. i've been spending alot of time buying and admiring coins. also spent a huge amount of time buying a new domain name and updating my pages.
    here's me in middle and 2 good friends
  • Options
    laserartlaserart Posts: 2,255
    Cool pic, what was the name of the movie where a venus flytrap made the guy feed him human bodies? Then when the plant blossomed all the flowers had the faces of it's victims??
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options
    davbecdavbec Posts: 321 ✭✭

<< <i>Cool pic, what was the name of the movie where a venus flytrap made the guy feed him human bodies? Then when the plant blossomed all the flowers had the faces of it's victims?? >>

Hey Laser,
    I think the show your refering to is the "Little Shop of Horrors"
    Dave