Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Where are all the 2009 and 2010 Lincoln Cents??

Can someone post the mintage figures for 2009 Lincolns? The only 2009's I saw in any number were Formative year cents, never saw any others in circulation. I am assuming they are being hoarded in great quantities. Because of this, I am guessing any errors, double dies, etc might not be found for sometime.
Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"

Comments

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    production figures from the usmint
    (if a specific date is not on the page, earlier year's data can sometimes be obtained by simply editing the year in the url in the address bar.)

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭
    2009 Circulating Coin Production (in millions)
    January 2009 through December 2009
    1 ¢
    Denver 1248.00 M
    Philadelphia 1106.00 M
    Total: 2354.00 M

2010 Circulating Coin Production (in millions)
    January 2010
    1 ¢
    Denver 50.00 M
    Philadelphia 65.23 M
    Total: 115.23 M
    *Preliminary production figures only.

source: U.S.Mint image

• Options
    the mint clowns dont want you to have any
  • Options
    dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    Looking at the 2009 figures, you would think these coins would be more prevelent then they are.

• Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw a bunch for sale at a show for 25 to 50 cents each.

So the dealers must have all of them.....

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Looking at the 2009 figures, you would think these coins would be more prevelent then they are. >>

I have yet to see all four 2009 designs circulating here in AR. and only a total of 3 or 4 individual pieces of the ones I have seen. I'd be willing to wager that a very large portion of the American public doesn't even know they exist.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Looking at the 2009 figures, you would think these coins would be more prevelent then they are. >>

I have yet to see all four 2009 designs circulating here in AR. and only a total of 3 or 4 individual pieces of the ones I have seen. I'd be willing to wager that a very large portion of the American public doesn't even know they exist. >>

Your quite correct you know , you'd win that bet.
  • Options
    dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    So where are these coins? Can that many be hoarded?

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found a couple of cabins and rail sitters in a $25 box while roll searching.

I bought a few Pro and Pres off a couple of bank tellers, too. (no 2010s found in circ. yet for me, tho)

rub rub rub...... some are already out there with the billions of others. image

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>So where are these coins? Can that many be hoarded? >>

uuummmm..i know where 40 rolls of them are , ive seen a few in change.The one place i get lp3 regular in change is the post office.The only one ive not seen in circulation is lp1.
  • Options
    I had read somewhere that the mints had plenty of older dates in inventory yet to distribute to banks, and they were to slow production of the 2010 cent, and slowed the distribution of the 2009/2010 cents. It was part of an article that talked about the new design. I can believe this...

Furthermore, if yout think about it, no way can a coin with such high mintage (2009 or 2010) be successfully hoarded.
    The Accumulator - Dark Lloyd of the Sith

• Options
    Hello,

The teller at my local bank offered me rolls of the log splitter cents yesterday. I bought three rolls and opened one roll. IF you can overlook the spots the quality is very good.

The other two rolls joined the accumulation....
    Some call it an accumulation not a collection
  • Options
    Snowman24Snowman24 Posts: 466 ✭✭✭
    Here in Syracuse - I get a 2009 about every other day. actually getting too many of them.

it seems this area always get new pennies early but i haven't seen any 2010's yet.

i've used this picture before but during the summer you could find them on the side of the road
    if that shows yah how many are around. i can't wait until the snow melts . LOL !!!!image
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I received my first 2009's in change in Louisville, KY, during my Navy ship's reunion. I had not seen any more in circulation until a few weeks ago. Then received two more yesterday at the grocery store. No 2010's yet. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Wizard Coin Supply has all the 2010's!

1 free roll with a $35 purchase, 5 free rolls with a $100 purchase when you use coupon codes.
    To support LordM's European Trip, click here!
  • Options
    tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Wizard Coin Supply has all the 2010's!

1 free roll with a $35 purchase, 5 free rolls with a $100 purchase when you use coupon codes. >>

.....WOW!! and spot free too!!!!image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • Options
    I wouldnt get my hopes up , even the denver 2010 cents are spotty this time around.
  • Options
    moonshinemoonshine Posts: 1,039 ✭✭
    this is one thing that irritates me, and has calmed down my coin collecting. Not going to over pay for a penny anymore. It's ridiculous.
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    The LIncoln Presidency P is only 129 million which is the lowest of all four designs. Whether the gems will have value depends on how many will be lost to circulation.
  • Options
    This was the best of 2 rolls , the photo doesnt show all the spotting , but enough.Its like it got sprayed with coca cola or something.

• Options
    tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

....we need some experimenting done on these spotted dogs to see if something actually takes the lousy looking spots

off without damaging the coins. i don't have any, otherwise i'd head to the lab. image maybe we could ask congress for

a couple of bucks of stimulus money for the project! no more wasteful than any of their other programs. image they

still have dough from the first spending spree they could use! image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    In my piggy bank.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    An excellent question! It is early April and to date I have received a single Formative Years P in change. There's lots of ugly Zincolns in circulation, just no 2009's or 10's. I have actually considered not collecting Cents by date any more and just including an example of each 2009 and one of the 2010. That is IF I ever get them in change.
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    I'am one of the lucky one's and rec my boxs of ea one in 2009 and 2010. I'll just put them up for now. I see a lot here in So Cal I pull them when I see them just to do it.

imageimage

Hoard the keys.
  • Options

<< <i>I'am one of the lucky one's and rec my boxs of ea one in 2009 and 2010. I'll just put them up for now. I see a lot here in So Cal I pull them when I see them just to do it.

imageimage
    image >>

You need to make a trip to the COINSTAR machine.
  • Options
    erickso1erickso1 Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭
    I got two of the 2010-d shields in change the other day down here in Austin. First I've seen of them in circ.
  • Options
    Hey, Type2! Are all those boxes (55?) still stacked neatly? image
  • Options
    Yup, I dont know how long I can keep this up. I'am Running out of room. The bags are the hard one to keep in shap but some one needs to do it. image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    droopyddroopyd Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭
    I got 3 shield cents in change in L.A. today.
    Me at the Springfield coin show:
    60 years into this hobby and I'm still working on my Lincoln set!
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it took me 8 months to get any of the 09s last year wtf, i can wait for it again this year if it takes that. i still havent found any rolls yet of any thing for 09 and 10
  • Options
    DeepCoinDeepCoin Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭
    Don't forget, the only place you can get a 95 percent copper 2009 lincoln cent (or rather all 8 uncs) is in the 2009 Uncirculated Set. Less than a million of those produced. I bought mine early as I think they will end up being pricy in a couple of years.
    Retired United States Mint guy, now working on an Everyman Type Set.
  • Options
    ksammutksammut Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Don't forget, the only place you can get a 95 percent copper 2009 lincoln cent (or rather all 8 uncs) is in the 2009 Uncirculated Set. Less than a million of those produced. I bought mine early as I think they will end up being pricy in a couple of years. >>

I agree with you. The 2009-S Proof cents should also do well.
    American Numismatic Association Governor 2023 to 2025 - My posts reflect my own thoughts and are not those of the ANA.

My Numismatics with Kenny eBay Store Over 6000 listings and growing with more than 39,000 items sold

My Numismatics with Kenny Twitter Page

Instagram - numismatistkenny

My Numismatics with Kenny Blog Page Best viewed on a laptop or monitor.

ANA Life Member & Volunteer District Representative

2019 ANA Young Numismatist of the Year

Doing my best to introduce Young Numismatists and Young Adults into the hobby.

• Options
    ObiwancanoliObiwancanoli Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭
    Two days ago, I found my first 2009 Birthplace cent... got it in change from a local favorite restaurant...

That's exactly how I found the logsplitter and statesman cents, and so far, have found only one of each... I'm still looking for the last of the four, but haven't seen any of the shield cents yet...
    UBERCOINER

A Truth That's Told With Bad Intent
    Beats All The Lies You Can Invent

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file