Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Poll; Had enough of Chinese counterfeits...

profilerating our fair shores? If so, post here! I'll be glad to get the ball rolling and to follow this one through!
Lurker since '02. Got the seven year itch!

Gary

Comments

• Options
    Yes , definately.Whats worth noting is the apathetic attitude over the years to chinese fakes(fashion,sportswear,sunglasses) resulting in we now accept the fakes as being as good as the real thing , now apply that to coins.
  • Options
    Bayard1908Bayard1908 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭
    I expect you find universal agreement on this board
  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poll? What poll? What are you going to do with all the universal agreement you get here?
    Lance.
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yup

bob
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where do I poll? Are you going to send in the Drones to clean up the Chinese mom & pop stores? What is your M.O.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poll, what Poll??

certainly Chinese counterfieting of U.S. coins is a problem..................to us. i wonder if it is even illegal in China for the Chinese to be doing it. is it illegal for Americans to counterfiet/copy Chinese coins??
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>is it illegal for Americans to counterfiet/copy Chinese coins?? >>

Good point. Does anyone have the answer to that question? From what I understand, it's not illegal to copy "classic coins" in China.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

<< <i>

Good point. Does anyone have the answer to that question? From what I understand, it's not illegal to copy "classic coins" in China. >>

yeah, we could open a e-bay store and sell them in china.

and in our listing we will write broken english too, " helo, me name mark, for you pleasure, i make cions, me hope you by"

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Good point. Does anyone have the answer to that question? From what I understand, it's not illegal to copy "classic coins" in China. >>

I was wondering the same thing.

There's gotta be a Federal Law established long agon on this... just out of mutual respect for other countries' sovereignty.

This would get me arrested in a non-friendly country, but I've thought of the obvious lame joke of putting a comically faked coin with Mao on it in a fake PCGS holder and walking it around street bazaars in China.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>profilerating our fair shores? If so, post here! I'll be glad to get the ball rolling and to follow this one through! >>

ball rolling on what?

follow it through how?

Crime happens in both countries....
    I still think improvements from China are being driven with feedback from foreign, perhaps even american, buyers.

Even if it isn't, there are obviously foreign buyers. Both sides of the chinese border need to be targeted.

I wonder about buying them or bidding them up and leaving negatives. That could fool some people into thinking they are really selling and selling for the prices listed. The purchases may just prolong or enhance problems. image
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    Start a petition drive that will go viral (online) and then find a Congressman/woman who will be happy to take up the fight, that's what. Looking for a Jimmy Hayes type!

Gary
  • Options

<< <i>Poll, what Poll??

certainly Chinese counterfieting of U.S. coins is a problem..................to us. i wonder if it is even illegal in China for the Chinese to be doing it. is it illegal for Americans to counterfiet/copy Chinese coins?? >>

Keets, after seeing the counterfeit Chinese silver Pandas on this board (Ebay as the venue), maybe the chinese will start taking notice!

Gary
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    there's basically 4 kinds of people:
    Stupid people, people that try to take advantage of stupid people, people that try to protect the first group from the second (mostly at the expense of the fourth group) and people that try to mind their business and stay out of the way of the first 3 groups.

I'm in the fourth group... how much is trying to protect the first group from the second group going to cost me, I ask the third group?

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file