Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

A treat for the Sacagawea collectors and those who would like to be..!!!

In the March issue of Coin World..there is everything ..I mean everything you want to know about the Sac Dollar.My compliments to the magazine and to the writers.They did an excellent chronology on the Sac.If you are a Sacagawea collector ..this issue is a buy...!!! image
......Larry........image

Comments

• Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,949 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please don't tell anyone I opened this thread. image
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options

<< <i>Please don't tell anyone I opened this thread. image >>

Hahahahahahaha image!
    Lurker since '02. Got the seven year itch!

Gary
  • Options
    tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

<< <i>In the March issue of Coin World..there is everything ..I mean everything you want to know about the Sac Dollar.My compliments to the magazine and to the writers.They did an excellent chronology on the Sac.If you are a Sacagawea collector ..this issue is a buy...!!! image >>

....i agree, larry. it's a good read! image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not a Sacagawea collector (although I have some), but I do think it is the most attractive example of modern coinage. I will check out the article. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    I was in the beginning but the flood of other "golden" dollars just put me off i guess.I had an odd experience recently visiting her who must be obeyed's Dad who has been a keen collector since childhood and has all the key dates and more etc etc ..he had a coin in a 2" x 2" by his lamp on the table by his chair the last visit and i knew he was going to ask about it , his eyesight is kaputt ya see.
    His wife reminded him by pointing it out and i heard him say "yeah,thats the old gold one" .. can you imagine how bad i felt telling him..its a 2000p sac dollar ..sheesh..neither of them even knew such coins exist.
    I didnt ask where or how he got it or why it was in a 2"x2"..maybe i should have.
  • Options
    tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I was in the beginning but the flood of other "golden" dollars just put me off i guess.I had an odd experience recently visiting her who must be obeyed's Dad who has been a keen collector since childhood and has all the key dates and more etc etc ..he had a coin in a 2" x 2" by his lamp on the table by his chair the last visit and i knew he was going to ask about it , his eyesight is kaputt ya see.
    His wife reminded him by pointing it out and i heard him say "yeah,thats the old gold one" .. can you imagine how bad i felt telling him..its a 2000p sac dollar ..sheesh..neither of them even knew such coins exist.
    I didnt ask where or how he got it or why it was in a 2"x2"..maybe i should have. >>

....just hope to almighty he didn't buy it from someone for real GOLD money!!image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • Options
    Thats what im thinking Tahoe , im going to have to ask next time im up , he is no shrinking violet though , if he got ripped off he knows it and ive little doubt has looked in to it.
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I am not a Sacagawea collector (although I have some), but I do think it is the most attractive example of modern coinage. I will check out the article. Cheers, RickO >>

IMHO it was the best business strike design since WLH production ceased in 1947.
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,565 ✭✭✭✭✭

ATTENTION K-MART SHOPPERS!!!!

ANDY LUSTIG OPENED THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    MidLifeCrisisMidLifeCrisis Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I owned a Goodacre Sac once and made a buck or two when I sold it.

They're not bad...for modern coins. image
  • Options

<< <i>

ATTENTION K-MART SHOPPERS!!!!

ANDY LUSTIG OPENED THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

image >>

ATTENTION....SHOPPERS.....!!!!!.......imageimageimageimage
    .................ANDY LUSTIG OPENED THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....!!!!!.......imageimageimageimage
    ps....don't tell anyone else..!!!!
    ......Larry........image
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I couldn't find this issue anywhere, but by luck I was mailed it as a compliment by Amos press.

I may actually subscribe as it's not the dirt rag I remember from the 80's and 90's as I've actually enjoyed reading it cover to cover.
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is indeed a fine issue, but you have to look for it on the dealers' news racks. The cover is not in their usual style. I had someone look directly at our news rack and not see it.

Look for something that looks like a copy of COINage, but says COIN WORLD.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    Sorry to open an old thread but does anyone have a copy of this edition they might part with?
    Pm me
    Thanks,
    Crab
  • Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Sorry to open an old thread but does anyone have a copy of this edition they might part with?
    Pm me
    Thanks,
    Crab >>

Sorry, Burned the evidence image
  • Options
    I did not read anything...i opened this thread by mistake....im going to close this now...darn something dropped on the floor...oops its a golden dollar with a girl and a baby on the obverse in a TPG slab. i don't know what it is...bye now! image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file