Home U.S. Coin Forum

Silver Morgans?

What years are the most valuable for the Silver Morgan?

Comments

• lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come again? Hmm...all the silver ones are more valuable than the copper ones.

Seriously, you should narrow your question, or at least browse the PCGS Price Guide or numismedia.com.
    Lance.
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe it's time to buy a book. Redbook comes to mind. A wealth of
    information and the best $10 you'll ever spend.

bob
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • rld14rld14 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭
    It greatly depends on the grade you're looking for.

The 1893-S and 1889-CC are the two series keys, along with the 1894 and 1995-S, those are pricey in any grade. Then there's coins like the 1884-S, 1892-S, and 1896-O, these are common or not much more than common in low grades but can get extremely expensive in MS65 (An MS65 84-S is a $200+K coin while a VG one is worth $16-18)
    Bear's "Growl of Approval" award 10/09 & 3/10 | "YOU SUCK" - PonyExpress8|"F the doctors!" - homerunhall | I hate my car
  • Overall, the mid 1890s are the rarist years. With the 1893-S being the king. Most collectors will have to settle for low grades. Then some of the CCs are rare and some are just over pricedimage From there it is a case by case basis.
  • Thanks for the detailed information Kool and Coal!
  • What might this coin be worth it's a 1882 o S $

• @MAGGARD91 said:
    What might this coin be worth it's a 1882 o S $

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6sLTzUFcU3hz4zr6A

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 30, 2022 4:38AM

@MAGGARD91 said:
    What might this coin be worth it's a 1882 o S $

$25

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,479 ✭✭✭✭✭

That 1882-O Morgan Dollar is a common date in perhaps VF condition. At least it is genuine. You have to be careful about that these days. The Chinese are making fake examples of common dates in “circulated condition.” These fakes contain no silver.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,599 ✭✭✭✭✭

Please don’t resurrect an ancient (mostly irrelevant) post from a banned member to ask this question. Start a new thread.

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,844 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Catbert said:
    Please don’t resurrect an ancient (mostly irrelevant) post from a banned member to ask this question. Start a new thread.

Since they already got their answer, do we really need a new thread?

• CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,599 ✭✭✭✭✭

Intended to provide guidance for the future with a new topic.

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file