Did I let this go too cheap?

Comments

• Options
    BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭
    PSA 8 Linky

PSA 9 Linky
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    what do other 8's sell for, it's tough to compare to a 'already' 9. either way IMO SMR is a joke, there's cards I frequently buy/sell for 3-5x listed.
  • Options
    RookieWaxRookieWax Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>what do other 8's sell for, it's tough to compare to a 'already' 9. either way IMO SMR is a joke, there's cards I frequently buy/sell for 3-5x listed. >>

There weren't any recent sales to compare to...just the SMR, which I felt was low.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    you did pretty good for an off-centered 8.....i wouldn't worry so much about what the other guy got for a sharp AND centered card.
  • Options

<< <i>you did pretty good for an off-centered 8.....i wouldn't worry so much about what the other guy got for a sharp AND centered card. >>

Actually the PSA 9 had a slight diamond cut and worse top to bottom centering on the back. Either way, the price difference is huge.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>you did pretty good for an off-centered 8.....i wouldn't worry so much about what the other guy got for a sharp AND centered card. >>

Actually the PSA 9 had a slight diamond cut and worse top to bottom centering on the back. Either way, the price difference is huge. >>

no argument there, but A) it still has the attributes necessary to earn the grade and second of all, i wouldn't buy it. image

i think we both know that the attraction of such a popular card lies within the label above it, and your card was guilty only of having a lesser number, but you still got paid well for your card in its condition.
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Your card looks like a straight PSA 8. The l/r centering is off enough to keep it out of a PSA 9 and since it was graded since the advent of the .5 scale, it's safe to assume that it is accurately graded. I don't think you left too much on the table, if anything.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    While I would never buy that "9" (I don't think it belongs in that holder), I don't think yours belongs in a "9" holder either. I think it was sitting in it's correct holder and you did fine on the sale. JMO.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

<< <i>Your card looks like a straight PSA 8. The l/r centering is off enough to keep it out of a PSA 9 and since it was graded since the advent of the .5 scale, it's safe to assume that it is accurately graded. I don't think you left too much on the table, if anything. >>

You are probably right, but as far as I see, PSA is still pretty much on a whole number scale - they seem to rarely if ever use the half-point scale. I have submitted over 200 1970s and 1980s cards over the past year, and never once did I get a half-point grade on a card.
  • Options
    jivanjivan Posts: 1,009
    yes, way too cheap.. that guy ripped you off badly lol
    always looking for 1969 graded basketball
  • Options
    Especially considering you used a Buy-It-Now, if you didn't prefer the cash over the card, why did you even put it up for sale?
    Tom
  • Options
    Both are high prices based on VCP

Cory
    ----------------------
    Working on:
    Football
    1973 Topps PSA 8+ (99.81%)
    1976 Topps PSA 9+ (36.36%)
    1977 Topps PSA 9+ (100%)

Baseball
    1938 Goudey (56.25%)