Home Precious Metals
Options

Anyone here ever place an order with Tulving?

Their minimums kind of weed out the small guys. 10oz gold/500 oz silver mins. Anyone ever buy from this company? Good? Bad? Indifferent?

Comments

• Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    I thought 20oz of gold minimum? They are great to deal with I've heard. Never had enough cash for 20oz gold purchase.

http://www.tulving.com/goldbull.html
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    Generally it is a 20oz gold min...but there are a few products where the 10oz is enough to qualify. Thats what im looking at currently.
  • Options
    PreTurbPreTurb Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭
    Excellent firm, multiple buys, no problems.
  • Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭✭
    Pre Turb's experience with them mirrors my own.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bought from them several times. Sometimes their minimums aren't as large, but not lately. Excellent service, good prices.

However, I'll tell you a little story. About a year ago, they had $250 bags of silver on sale as their minimum, so I ordered $500 in 90% silver. It was probably an error on their part, but they took the order.

I received (4) bags of $250 face each. I called them, they supplied the return shipping container, I returned the (2) extra bags, they thanked me for being so honest, and that was that.

Not long after that, I wanted to order (10) oz of gold in 1/4 oz. American Gold Eagles, and they wouldn't take my order, because they had upped their minimum order!

That really ticked me off.

P.S. - I then bought some gold Maples locally.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Bought from them several times. Sometimes their minimums aren't as large, but not lately. Excellent service, good prices.

However, I'll tell you a little story. About a year ago, they had $250 bags of silver on sale as their minimum, so I ordered $500 in 90% silver. It was probably an error on their part, but they took the order.

I received (4) bags of $250 face each. I called them, they supplied the return shipping container, I returned the (2) extra bags, they thanked me for being so honest, and that was that. >>

Thank you for being so honest. I, too, take the honest approach and I think it's catching on. Called up Menard's a while back because I had purchased eleven pieces of trim but they only charged me for one. The manager on the phone was thankful for my honesty and said that she was surprised how many people bring it up when there have been errors to the customer's favor.

$500 face would be very tempting, though. But you have peace of mind and you still received what you were expecting.

> [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&amp;_in_kw=1&amp;_ex_kw=&amp;_sacat=0&amp;_udlo=&amp;_udhi=&amp;_ftrt=901&amp;_ftrv=1&amp;_sabdlo=&amp;_sabdhi=&amp;_samilow=&amp;_samihi=&amp;_sadis=15&amp;_stpos=61611&amp;_sargn=-1&saslc=1&amp;_salic=1&amp;_fss=1&amp;_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&amp;_saslop=1&amp;_sasl=mygirlsthree3&amp;_sop=12&amp;_dmd=1&amp;_ipg=50&amp;_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭

Always had great transactions with Tulving.

Edited to add: Great transactions with Gainesville Coins also. Those two companies are mostly 6 of one, half dozen of the other with prices. Except you can get smaller amounts from Gainsville.

@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    MesquiteMesquite Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭
    I've not ever had a problem with Tulving. Would not hesitate to buy from them today.
    There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
    –John Adams, 1826
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have bought from them on numerous occasions. They are my "go to" place when I have a large order. Best quantity prices, very fast free shipping, no hassle, no fees and they even paid for some of the money wire fees the last couple of orders. The only drawback I see is that they aren't as up-to-date as their competitors with the internet age. They prefer the old fashioned phone-in order and that's fine with me. Seems like they also have someone manning the phones and taking orders 24-7.

Your first order with them will have to be paid with wire transfer but after that they will take a personal check (clearing the check will delay your order). I recommend wire transfers.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    I find their website too confusing, but if they are much cheaper I guess I need to reconsider
    "If you hit a midget on the head with a stick, he turns into 40 gold coins." - Patty Oswalt
  • Options
    Thanks for all the input guys. I may use them in the future. image
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,216 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I find their website too confusing, but if they are much cheaper I guess I need to reconsider >>

Like I said, they aren't too savy about internet and websites. You should have seen the site last year. I't much better now.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    Have bought and sold to Tulving..NEVER a problem!!
    (PAST) OWNER #1 SBA$ REGISTRY COLLECTOIN
  • Options
    MJPHELANMJPHELAN Posts: 760 ✭✭✭
    No problems here. Great service, great deals.
    Mark