Home Metal Detecting
Options

1854 halfdime found today

we had heavy rains yesterday. today was clear. wet dirt, sometimes helps with the conductivity. this is my 3rd seated coin this year, so far. cleaned it with MS70.

Comments

• Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on all the seated silver this year. I've only pulled up one seated half dime and that was probably 10 years ago.

This one looks in a little better shape than your last seated!
  • Options
    ya halfdimes always eluded me. only recently have i really started going slow and listening for those small signals. this is halfdime #4 for me. this one was very close to where i dug my 3rd halfdime a few months ago. i have a good feeling there is probably a few more in there.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice find Demodigger... wow, four halfdimes total? That is amazing. I guess given their size and age though, the signal might be easy to miss. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're just a mine of Seated silver. Cool.

I have found only three Seated half dimes, and two of them are 1854. The other is a dateless pre-1860 coin. All are holed.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.