Home Precious Metals
Options

BloomBox

WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
May use a fair amount of "platinum and platinum family metals".

Never heard of it? You will Wednesday.

http://www.wired.com/epicenter/2010/02/is-bloom-energy’s-secret-ingredient-zirconia/
We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
--Severian the Lame

Comments

• Options
    ZubieZubie Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭
    Positive BST Transactions with:
    Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting stuff.

Link to the 60 minutes clip

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options

<< <i>May use a fair amount of "platinum and platinum family metals".

Never heard of it? You will Wednesday.

http://www.wired.com/epicenter/2010/02/is-bloom-energy’s-secret-ingredient-zirconia/ >>

If I recall correctly, the 60 minute piece said that it used a metal with similar properties as platinum, but not platinum. They didn't say what the metal was, but said it was far cheaper than platinum. I was thinking maybe pd? The critic on 60 minutes said Bloomboxes had a 20% chance of marketing success. I thought that was pretty good considering how many units they could potentially sell. Does anyone know for sure which metal it uses?
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭

Back in the day ...mine has 10 inch woofers ...dual cassette decks....oops!

Lets hope there is a wiff of Platinum or other PMs in there.....we need a break through.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    Does anyone know for sure which metal it uses?

Yes ..... Can not tell you how I know..... buttttt.....

Pd.
    Silver Baron
    Silver is the mortar that binds the bricks of loyalty.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Does anyone know for sure which metal it uses?

Yes ..... Can not tell you how I know..... buttttt.....

Pd. >>

Saw the clip from 60 minutes ... I thought they said a "cheap" substitute for Platinum is used. I don't consider Palladium cheap at over $400 per oz.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This just in!!!!
    Palladium discovered on the planet Pandora!!!!!!!
    Film at eleven!!!

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.