Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Who did what to Longacre?

shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
His verbosity seems to have been significantly curtailed... has the Man finally broken his spirit?image
ANA-LM, NBS, EAC

Comments

• Options
    savoyspecialsavoyspecial Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭
    tax season?

www.brunkauctions.com

• Options
    Frothy frenzy?
  • Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭
    he has decided to collect unopened star wars figures and rare early
    nintendo games, also unopened, and will not be around as much as
    before.

• Options
    drddmdrddm Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    I would presume that Mr. Longacre is spending long hours
    in his mahogany office doing tax returns for his well-heeled
    corporate clients.

imageimage
    Collector of Early 20th Century U.S. Coinage.
    ANA Member R-3147111
  • Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He is trying to corner the market on Canadian Olympic mittens.image
    All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    He is busy preparing for his excursion to Baltimore. There are reservations to make, cognac to ship, Cuban cigars to adumbrate; all that takes time.image
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last I heard, he was weeping for the future of numismatics over the length of time it took a QDB book to sell out. He is doubtless on a personal pilgrimage to Wolfeboro, where he will be parking his car at the foot of the hill upon which is perched the Sanctum Sanctorum of QDB, then making his way up said hill on his knees to offer QDB use of his lucky nib to ensure that no future tome printing languish so long, thus restoring the froth to his frenzy.
  • Options
    breakdownbreakdown Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Busy instructing workcrew on the proper installation of the "one-of-a-kind" SLQ weathervane on roof of the shed.

"Look up, old boy, and see what you get." -William Bonney.

• Options
    CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing is, he only posts during normal business hours. I'm not quite sure what that means. It could be that the Longacre manse is operated by servants who use only vellum and quill pens. Anyway, by the time Sunday night rolls around, it does seem like he has been strangely silent.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>tax season? >>

it's always tax season when you're trying not to pay them... I mean ensure they are properly paid according to the law.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect Mrs. L. has curtailed his extracurricular activities to take him shopping (she needs someone to carry the bags). I am sure he will return, filled with tales of his excursion into the netherworld of jewelry and clothes vendors. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    Perhaps he's back in China, buying up China's primary export - fakes to sell on Ebay image
  • Options
    LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭
    I just saw this thread. Longacre does not prepare tax returns. I deal with cross-border transactions/legal structurings. Therefore, the March 15th and April 15th tax reporting deadlines don't affect me. As the Supreme Court has said, there is nothing to prevent a taxpayer from organizing his affairs in order to pay the minimum amount of taxes legally due.

As indicated previously, The Man has been beating on me more than usual for the last few months, which has curtailed the time I can spend posting. However, I look forward to the extravaganza in Baltimore next week.

I also expect to be visiting China and SE Asia in March (probably Kuala Lumpur and maybe a few other locations), so I can try to give a status report on fakes coming out the region as a service to the boards.
    Always took candy from strangers
    Didn't wanna get me no trade
    Never want to be like papa
    Working for the boss every night and day
    --"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)
  • Options
    << I deal with cross-border transactions/legal structurings.>>

So you handle S.P.P. type agreements?
  • Options
    shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darn, TDN was hoping you'd help him with his 1040EZ. image
    ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,788 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not know "who did what", but I believe that I am closing in on the "undisclosed" location. image

• Options
    Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How did you get past the gates to take that pic?
  • Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I just saw this thread. Longacre does not prepare tax returns. I deal with cross-border transactions/legal structurings. Therefore, the March 15th and April 15th tax reporting deadlines don't affect me. As the Supreme Court has said, there is nothing to prevent a taxpayer from organizing his affairs in order to pay the minimum amount of taxes legally due.

(Meaning he will come after you if you fail to pay your taxes or evade the law... criminals are not safe from him even across international borders ) image

As indicated previously, The Man has been beating on me more than usual for the last few months, which has curtailed the time I can spend posting. However, I look forward to the extravaganza in Baltimore next week.

(Meaning he was very successful in apprehending the enemies of the state so watch out if your one of them because he will get all of you in Baltimore.) image

I also expect to be visiting China and SE Asia in March (probably Kuala Lumpur and maybe a few other locations), so I can try to give a status report on fakes coming out the region as a service to the boards. >>

(Meaning those counterfeit guys in China better watch out as well as those bad guys in Malaysia and other unmamed locations in other parts of the world. The Man is coming for you through his long arm called : Longacre! image )
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • Options
    droopyddroopyd Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I would presume that Mr. Longacre is spending long hours
    in his mahogany office doing tax returns for his well-heeled
    corporate clients. >>

Anyone who filed an extension in April has taxes due on Monday.
    Me at the Springfield coin show:
    60 years into this hobby and I'm still working on my Lincoln set!
  • Options
    MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777

<< <i>I just saw this thread. Longacre does not prepare tax returns >>

Nice. Longacre does not prepare tax returns, but he does go 3rd person! image
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !
  • Options
    LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭

<< <i>How did you get past the gates to take that pic? >>

That's what I would like to know. We don't allow just any dirty gold riff-raff inside the gated community. image

And to messydesk-- I do plan on making a personal pilgrimage to my beloved QDB, but no doubt making sure I maintain a distance of at least 75 yards. image

Always took candy from strangers
    Didn't wanna get me no trade
    Never want to be like papa
    Working for the boss every night and day
    --"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file